Me and my ex had sex and he has a girlfriend

From my previous post- me and my ex had sex couple of weeks ago and I didn't know about his girlfriend until later on. He called me last night to confess that he cheated on his girlfriend and he didn't know what to do. He kept saying he doesn't know what to do because the sex he's getting from his current girlfriend isn't good etc. from before me and my ex (when he didn't have a girlfriend) were casually having sex every time we would see each other and for the first time ever, I rejected him and told him that since he has a girlfriend now there's no way I'll be having sex with him anymore and told him that we can't talk to each other no more. I still love my ex a lot and I do want to get back with him. Was it the right thing for me to do to have done this? I was very available to him previously as I did love him a lot - would he think differently of me now? I was his first girlfriend and he told me he tried to move on from me so he started to mess around with girls etc. we've been broken up for almost 2 years and he's still in my life...Please help!

Yes, you absolutely did the right thing cutting him off. What would the alternative have been, really? You'd have been his secret side-piece. Oh, goody.

It's time to really close the door on him and your former relationship. You might be broken up, but you both need to break the emotional and physical attachment. It should help to know that he's not a good guy, but the kind of dirtbag who cheats and lies.

Who cares what he thinks now, or if he thinks differently of you? He's not boyfriend material anymore at all.

He is a cheater and a liar and you are asking if you did the right thing? I don't understand!

You want someone like this back? If he loved you, he would not have done this. As we all said in your other thread.

"Yeah im not going to text him anymore. Or be so available for him. I didn't know he had a girlfriend & no way I would do that anymore" What happened to this?

You have already wasted two years.

I rejected him and told him that since he has a girlfriend now there's no way I'll be having sex with him anymore and told him that we can't talk to each other no more.

^

Yet, you spoke to him on them phone last night, despite telling him that "we can't talk to each other anymore." I'm sorry, but your actions are not matching your words.

Exert your boundaries by making your words and actions match. Block and delete this jerk. You've already lost 2 years of your life in this. No, he won't change, and he doesn't need to, because after 2 years of breaking up he still feels that he can have you as his fwb whenever he wants... and despite him having a girlfriend you+re still considering getting back to him or at least keep contact.

To move on you need to go NC and block all his attempts to reach to you when he wants some sex on the side.

• 2 weeks later...

He's never going to get back with you; if he wanted to be with you, he's had two years in which to rekindle the relationship.

He's happy to use you for sex when it suits him though, and now he's happy to use you for sex even though he's got a girlfriend.

Sorry, but you need to cut this cheating scumbag out of your life, move on and find someone who will really appreciate you and want to be with you properly.

Why are you even concerned about what HE wants to do? That's his problem. You did the right thing by telling him you won't be having sex with him any more - now, you need to keep your dignity, stand by that and walk away.

The one I feel sorry for here is the girlfriend, who looks set to get hurt through no fault of her own.

Archived