Here's a fun one: how to announce pregnancy to family both home and away?

midnight_orchid

I have 2 sisters and feel it would be unfair to announce our pregnancy to one first before the other. One lives fairly close and I see her all the time. The other lives in a different state so I rarely get to see her. I would love to tell them both at the same time. My only idea is to get her on video call while I announce to both sisters "in person," but I'm looking for something a bit more creative. I've tried searching Google, but haven't been able to find anything!

Does anyone here have any creative ideas?

Thanks in advance!

For our 2nd kid, we had everyone over for our 1st kid's 3rd birthday, and announced the 2nd. But I think just telling them early makes them feel special. Doesn't matter which way really. If you wait, then it's lame. Video is not necessary; you don't get to share the news, since you don't get to see when they see the email or see the video, etc. Just call the one far away. And tell the other one in person.

Firstly -- are your sisters close or do they bicker when they find out one knew something first or bicker about favoritism?

If its a loving relationship with no such bickering, i might call up out of town sister and tell her right before you tell close sister in person. The reason is that close sister is there for all your other milestones and always hears stuff first (even if there is no news - she is there -- witnessing day to day stuff). If you tell out of town sister right before you meet intown sister to tell her, it will prevent out of town sister from being called by sister or mom before you can share the news, especially if close sister puts everything on Facebook.

If you are unable to reach out of town sister - then she finds out second.

I was the out of town sister and felt i was always last to know just because i wasn't there and missed everything -- so calling out of town sister and swearing her to secrecy until the rest of the family knows (if a relative calls her for a random reason that day she won't let on..)

Archived