How popular is online dating today

Gtakid

Hey guys! I’m not so knowledgeable on the dating scene. I’m 21 yr old guy in college never really had a gf... I’ve thought about getting into online dating but I was wondering how many ppl actual have success with the platform and what sites are good for people like me not just looking for hookup like on tinder lol do young adults really date online or is it more for people out of school?

It's like anything else in life. You get what you put in. There has been a lot of relationships started from the online scene and just as many relationships started from approaching people in person. IMO, its not worth the effort to date women online and you would succeed much more by developing yourself in real life.

Your basically spending time scanning through all these profiles messaging randoms in the hope of getting a reply and then you waste even more time setting up dates and hoping that people follow through on meeting you in person. It's like all of this could have been avoided by just approaching the people in real life situations.

But yeah, try it you there just about as many lonely people lurking online as there are in the real world.

First off, do lots of research. You'll have a head start over the vast majority of guys on those sites if you know how to write a decent profile, pick good pics, and not try to start conversations with women by just messaging them "Hi."

With that said however, there is some steep competition when it comes to guys. I'm not familiar with the exact statistics, but last I read, the vast majority of users are men. So you can imagine all the messages that women receive. Sometimes, your message might not even be seen or read by her. (Which you can give yourself a boost by coming up with a heading that's very creative or stands out.)

You can have some success on dating sites, but a lot of people get discouraged early on and give up. Sometimes it takes time.

While you're at college, you should take advantage of the situation and chat up girls you like or girls you would like to know. You're not going to meet as many compatible people as there.

Once you're out of college, a lot of people search through Facebook for single people who live near them. Also Bumble is more women-friendly than Tinder. You can also ask around. Some dating sites are more popular in different areas than others.

Get some good pics and a good profile and get on a couple of apps. Tinder and another one are fine. Dating apps are to introduce you to single people. Browse, see who looks interesting, message a couple times, set up a meet for a quick coffee in person and decide if you want to go on a date. It's that simple. Also meet girls in real life as well.

I’ve thought about getting into online dating but I was wondering how many ppl actual have success with the platform and what sites are good for people like me.

Archived