My Girlfriend doesn't seem to love me anymore

Brino

I'm so ing hurt. I'm fifteen and my girlfriend never treats me like a boyfriend. She never say I love you, she only says I love you when I do, she talks to her friends more than she talks to me she never talks to me about what is happening around us but she will to her friends and James, she rarely talks to me about her problems. She has become friends with this senior named James, she talks to him about stuff going on. She then tells me about what is going on with him, she and her family even gave him a ride home and she talks to him all the time. This alone wouldn't worry me if she would show me some actual affection as a boyfriend not just as another male friend. However, I feel as if she shows him more affection than she shows me. Whenever I bring up any concern to her she just gets quiet then later she either mad at me for it or really sad and goes on about how sad it made her. Whenever she is upset or jealous I try comfort her but when I am sad or jealous she gets mad at me. I can't bring up with her because it will ruin our relationship for the next week or so. She shows more affection to her friends who she hugs and puts her head on their shoulder and telling them how she feels and telling them about stuff going on around her but not me. I don't exist. Recently, I was talking to her mum and she told me that she said whenever she comes to my house I sit on my phone and don't talk to her while she watches TV. Which is a ing lie! She ing lied about me behind my back. Homecoming is to-morrow and I'm going to try to hold back my feelings just for homecoming so I don't ruin the night. I need advice.

The point of dating is to see who matches you and who doesn't. She doesn't. You're not satisfied with how she treats you and you haven't resolved your problems with communication. Time to break up and move on. You're supposed to be having fun and enjoying her company. If you don't, then be single. Now's the time to enjoy your freedom before becoming serious with anyone.

• 2 weeks later...

Look you are 15. I know it may seem like the end if the world but it's not. For a girl at that age she can really like a guy but be shy and standoffish. She doesn't feel comfortable to be herself and talk to you like she does her friends. She doesn't have to worry about her friends liking her. They already do. But she wants you to like her and is afraid she may say it do something that would change that. I'm not saying that's how she feels but I was once a teenage girl and I raised 4 as well. This is just my opinion based from my experience. As to her not saying I love you, you don't want someone today it unless they mean it. Maybe she isnt to the point you are emotionally and is afraid to tell you. Just relax and slowly allow her to become more comfortable around you. It takes time and if you are criticizing her behavior she may be scared to relax and feel comfortable around you. I'm sorry if this isn't what you needed or wanted to hear but girls are weird and we think way different than boys. So if you truly care about her then let her move at her pace not the pace you wish her to.

Good luck.

Archived