Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: He slept with someone else.

Platinum Member
    End this, and get tested.

I can't believe the SOB didn't use a condom, and was risking your life. What a piece of garbage.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    This is gonna sound totally dysfunctional and bizarre, but when I was attending a meet-up support group, one very insecure man with low self esteem admitted to wanting to impregnate his girlfriend, NOT because he wanted to be a dad, or even stay in the relationship, but rather because he was so insecure about his own masculinity, getting her pregnant with his sperm would "make him feel like a man."

Can't say that what's going on with your guy OP, but in any event, agree with others, get rid!
    There are some men who have 5+ kids, as it makes them believe they are manly. Being manly is being a parent and providing emotional and financial support, not being a sperm donor.

What did you say to that weirdo?.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    There are some men who have 5+ kids, as it makes them believe they are manly. Being manly is being a parent and providing emotional and financial support, not being a sperm donor.

What did you say to that weirdo?.
    Agree Holly. I edited my post asking if this was possibly the reason there are so many deadbeat dads.

I didn't respond, no one did actually, just listened. He already acknowledged it was f'ed up which is what brought him to the support group in the first place. One reason anyway.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by katrina1980
    Agree Holly. I edited my post asking if this was possibly the reason there are so many deadbeat dads.

I didn't respond, no one did actually, just listened. He already acknowledged it was f'ed up which is what brought him to the support group in the first place. One reason anyway.
    What was the group?

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Hollyj
    What was the group?
    It was a "meet up" set up by a reputable psychologist in my area, a therapy support group.

We met once a week, on Tuesday evening.

I actually learned a hell of a lot about how men think from attending that group!

First problem is that your relationship was already rocky enough to leave. Bigger problem is that you already knew you couldn't trust him, or you wouldn't have asked this:

I asked if he had done anything with anyone else while on this break,
    When you already know you can't trust someone, why would you expect an honest answer to such a question?

Why stick around for things to get worse from there? Or better question, can it really get any worse that this?

I'd cut my losses and walk forward without the guy, because no matter what he does from this point forward, what good is it when you can't trust him?

Knowing you deserve better is the first step in moving toward everything that's better.

Head high.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice