Communication advice

olaaaa

Okay so I’ve been talking to this guy now since March. 6 days ago, I pissed him off by walking out on him without saying goodbye in front of his roommate and then the next day I asked if he was mad at me but he didn’t reply. Then 5 days later I told him I didn’t want to fight anymore and I apologized to him and he replied like 6 minutes after “lol, apology accepted” six hours later, I asked him what he was doing to change the subject and return to normal and he has not replied since then. It has been 15 hours. I feel so bad, I don’t know what to do whether to call him, wait it out or just cut him off. This is really starting to get to me. I just want someone to advise me on what to do. I feel alone.

Someone that you've only been talking to does not warrant this kind of distraction that you're in. Just back off and stop obsessive thinking on him altogether. You've reached out to him and it's his turn to respond. If he doesn't get back to you then take the attitude of "here today, gone tomorrow" and move onto other guys who are interested in doing more then just "talking" to you.

Do not allow yourself to feel sorry for YOU. Mind over matter so don't let it "start to get to you."

Where are your friends to help with not feeling alone?

Someone that you've only been talking to does not warrant this kind of distraction that you're in. Just back off and stop obsessive thinking on him altogether. You've reached out to him and it's his turn to respond. If he doesn't get back to you then take the attitude of "here today, gone tomorrow" and move onto other guys who are interested in doing more then just "talking" to you.

Do not allow yourself to feel sorry for YOU. Mind over matter so don't let it "start to get to you."

Where are your friends to help with not feeling alone?

When I said I felt alone I meant I don’t really know who to tell because I feel like they are not going to understand. For some reason it’s easier talking to and asking people anonymously

When I said I felt alone I meant I don’t really know who to tell because I feel like they are not going to understand. For some reason it’s easier talking to and asking people anonymously

Have you been intimate with this boy? I'm wondering why you're feeling so bad about this. If he's going to practically ghost you over one incident then you're not losing anything by severing the relationship altogether.

Are you crushing in on this guy?

Have you been sexually intimate with him?

Why after six months of knowing him its still only at the "talking" stage?

It sounds like he is playing games with you. No one is THAT mad when someone storms off.

I would simply tell him that you feel that he might still be upset with you and that you understand if he needs his space - and that you will leave him to connect with you when/if he’s ready.

... and then walk away. That way, if he never contacts you again, you don’t have to worry that you didn’t try enough.

... but i’d seriously consider whether you want to be with someone who is unforgiving and wants you to jump through hoops for something relatively small.

Have you been intimate with this boy? I'm wondering why you're feeling so bad about this. If he's going to practically ghost you over one incident then you're not losing anything by severing the relationship altogether.

Are you crushing in on this guy?

Have you been sexually intimate with him?

Why after six months of knowing him its still only at the "talking" stage?

I didn’t want a relationship at the beginning and I’m still not sure I do because of school. He does call me his girl and so on but I’m not sure I want a relationship. From may to August, we were far apart because of school so that slowed things down. I really like him but we haven’t been sexually intimate yet

It sounds like he is playing games with you. No one is THAT mad when someone storms off.

I would simply tell him that you feel that he might still be upset with you and that you understand if he needs his space - and that you will leave him to connect with you when/if he’s ready.

... and then walk away. That way, if he never contacts you again, you don’t have to worry that you didn’t try enough.

... but i’d seriously consider whether you want to be with someone who is unforgiving and wants you to jump through hoops for something relatively small.

Thanks. I think I’m just going to move on and leave it be

Just go no contact and delete and block him. You can do much better than this turd. Never apologize when you did the right thing in the first place. He's playing hardball (successfully) to get you to beg, cave, apologize, etc. for his ego.

I walked out because he sort of snatched my phone which annoyed me
I didn’t want a relationship at the beginning and I’m still not sure I do because of school. He does call me his girl and so on but I’m not sure I want a relationship. From may to August, we were far apart because of school so that slowed things down. I really like him but we haven’t been sexually intimate yet

Good to hear now you don't have the regret of having been intimate with someone that's as fickle as him. People come in and out of our life for a reason and then when the reason is realized, they leave. Google the poem "Reason, Season or Lifetime" I think it applies here and I truly believe in the sentiment of it.

You'll be fine in time and you'll go onto find a guy that shows you that he values you. :0)

Be well!

Just go no contact and delete and block him. You can do much better than this turd. Never apologize when you did the right thing in the first place. He's playing hardball (successfully) to get you to beg, cave, apologize, etc. for his ego.

Sorry for the off topic but I genuinely laughed with the "turd" insult lol

But I agree that the best to do is move on and call this one a day.

If I'd only been "talking" with a woman for several months and she stormed out of my house in a dramatic tiff, that'd probably mark the day I stopped "talking" to her.

Not having any insight into your "talking" relationship prior to this incident, all I can surmise is that it's too much drama for the limited stakes involved. It's best for both of you that you each move on.

Archived