Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

My Weight Loss Journey

Jetta

Maybe I can help someone who needs to lose weight. I meet with a diet coach in addition to being a member of weight watchers. Both are helping me learn better eating habits, though I still have my struggles.

It's a process for sure. Also if anyone is considering weight watchers I can email a link for a free month to you and to me. Just pm your email. I'll only use it to send the link.

Some of what I've learned. Protein with every meal, limit carbs to 2 or 3 servings per meal 1 to 2 per snack. Veggies can be an unlimited food. Fruits are unlimited with weight watchers and a great replacement for sweets.

Portion control hugely important. Diet coach gave me a chart ww recommends a measuring or weighing. I use both. I've lost 5 percent of my body weight. 16 lbs down need to lose 115 more to be at a normal bmi.

Today I added exercise. I plan to 4 days a week to start. 2 days hiking, 2 days water aerobics, working out with my mom. My weigh in day is Thursday (today). I'm at 10 weeks.

I struggle with stress eating. Head hunger which I realized because I am full most of the time. I've learned I don't have to clean my plate or eat til I'm stuffed. I'm learning a lot.

I'm losing weight at a healthy rate and making changes I can make for life. I still have a drink at caribou, I still attend family events and eat even cake, but less junk and less often, I eat out regularly (it is how I'm spending time with my daughter. Every other week dinner, every other Saturday an outing).

I don't always eat what my heart desires but I eat healthier. And I'm not starving. Been there, done that, I'm not eating salads all the time, though sometimes I really want one. The restaurant ones are sometimes higher in points than a meal.

That's my weight loss intro. I'm learning lots.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today breakfast was a toaster waffle with sugar free syrup, cantelope, and scrammbled eggs cooked without butter, with pam. 4 points. Lunch at my therapy was lasanga, texas toast, and salad. With cupcakes for dessert. I ate a portion of the lasanga and toast, a little more than half which I counted, and the salad. Skipped the dessert. I counted 13 points. I get 29 a day. I'm learning you can eat normal foods just smaller portions, its a challenge at times. Lasanga was a chilhood favorite food.

Sounds really positive Jetta, I'm glad you found something you like that you can stick with and congrats on your weight loss! 16 pounds is nothing to sneeze at, and it kinda motivates you to keep going, don't you think?

I'm curious about the food though. Do you have to eat the Weight Watchers food, their lasagna for example, the frozen kind I see at the grocery? Or can you eat the yummy lasagna from, say, Nick's Pizzeria? Just less of?

I don't know about Weight Watchers food, never tried, but I heard that Nutrisystem's food sucks! I've heard good thing about Jenny Craig's food, I have actually tried theirs (their chicken with Burgundy sauce while at a friends), and it was super delish, it's expensive though.

Best of luck on your journey Jetta, and please continue to post! I love these positive threads, they really lift my spirits!

You eat your normal foods. You can substitute some things with weight watchers food. Like I use their chocolate smoothie mix to make chocolate shakes. Super sweet so 1 package works for mom and me. Reduces the sweet factor but its good. Most snacks can be enjoyed just less often and less quantity.

Jetta, this is exciting! I'm happy for you...16 pounds....wow! That's great progress! I'm glad you find the Weight Watcher's method easy to use and that it fits into your life. Our HR department just sent out a survey to gauge interest in having a WW program at work. I've read somewhere recently that it's one of the few "methods" that work for healthy weight loss and being able to keep the weight off later.

That said, good for you! I'm interested to watch your progress here - and I hope you'll also post about your workouts. Your fitness routine sounds very interesting and it seems like you enjoy it - that's just wonderful!

Best,

Mines

Well today was a good day. I made good choices even on my dinner date with daughter. Weigh in tomorrow. Just have to see. But this morning was down. My scale has me at 20 lbs down, weight watchers is going to be 2 lbs heavier though. I have a goal of 25 lbs by Halloween. My weigh in is technically the day after, but I'm still working on the Halloween goal.

Well the scale keeps moving down. I no longer eat ice cream regularly. I now eat more fruits and a lot more carrots. At home I'm down 22 lbs.

I do struggle with emotional eating. But my goal is to lose weight so I can do things like horseback riding with my daughter. Too heavy for that right now. My horseback riding goal weight is down another 55 lbs. Though technically I need to lose 5 more lbs. To horseback ride.

I'm still eating out fast food and all, just making wiser choices. The app helps a lot. Weight Watchers changed their name to Wellness Wins, I think. I do know they changed it to Wellness.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Had a couple rough weeks gained back 1 lb. Today I got back on track with my diet plan. So close to the 25 lb mark just got to get over this hurdle than onto the 50 lb hurdle. Than my halfway point will soon follow. I can do it, just was missing some of my old foods.

My diet coach says to avoid binging allow yourself a bite or two. Well I'm wiser now, but self control is a work in progress. I'm happy I only gained 1 lb. It could have been much worse.

I'm down 25 lbs! Yeah finally a milestone. Had a rough couple weeks but back on track. Added a bit of exercise not hard core yet but I moved my body a bit. Dancing in the living room, and walking.

My next goal is to move the weight on the balance beam scale below the 250 mark. 3 lbs away. Than to reach 50 lbs down. Might actually start to notice around 50 lbs down. But I'm making better choices. So excited to finally reach 25 lbs down.

Did my lose weight in 30 days app. It's 10 minus of exercises, lots that work your core. Recommended by my diet coach. Feeling a bit sore but good.

Enjoyed the holiday and the shopping. Just feeling good about most of my choices. Not feeling deprived half a slice of pie ate my fill of turkey dinner. Really think I'll be okay this week.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived