Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: His Ex and sister get extremely close AFTER they break up?

How long have you been dating? How do you know about all this? Are you friends with the sister?
    Originally Posted by soconfused89
    dating for a little while. Heís out with his sister from out of town and they bump into his ex.His sister lives out of state and they fly back and forth to see each other.

It doesn't sound as though the guy was all that involved with this ex if she had never even met the sister.

This doesn't sound like a big deal to me.

Platinum Member
    Iíve dated him since he split from her. And youíre right, he introduced her as a friend so technically the sister didnít know she was an ex at the time but she knows now. Iím more concerned that she was introduced at all. Why not say hi and bye? Why would he allow a relationship develop between the two? Had the sister and ex known each other prior I wouldnít be worried. But for her to be introduced after the break up and while Iím here kinda bothers me.

And yes, to answer your other question him and his ex dated briefly. Like 6 months tops I believe, if even. I donít think they even got serious. They broke up before it got there. The ex and sister started hanging out about 2 months ago.
    He introduced her and the women took it from there. its not about him "allowing" them to do anything. They are both grown women. Its up to whether it bothers you enough for you to end the relationship or not. You said yourself - it wasn't serious. It wasn't a great love affair -- it was six months of dating and he nexted her because it wasn't a match, but she wasn't a bad person or anything like that. If he isn't hanging out with the ex on his own or seeking her company and its only when the sister pulls her into the mix (which it sounds like one time since the sister and ex became friends) --- then that's a factor. But why were you not invited? that would be my question.

Platinum Member
    I admit, that its an unusual situation - but you only have two choices here...

Platinum Member
    Why not say hi and bye? Why would he allow a relationship develop between the two?
    Cuz he's a grown arse mature man who lets his sister and ex make their own decisions.

Who cares about whether his sister is friends with an ex...Who cares if you meet the ex....there is no coming back from "she's not the one." Having a sibling be friends with an ex doesn't mean anything.

Be concerned if the ex and him are communicating or hanging out regularly.

Agree. 👇 That would be something to keep an eye on, not his sisters friends. Also has he introduced you to friends or family in the course of your dating yet?
    Originally Posted by tattoobunnie
    Be concerned if the ex and him are communicating or hanging out regularly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Give Advice
Ask For Advice