Should I make the first move?

Liffey123

So, I volunteered to help with registration in my college. I started talking to a guy who was also volunteering too. We were getting along really well but I wasn’t sure if he was really interested or was just being friendly. A big group of us went out on Monday night. He kept coming over to talk to just me alone and was kind of flirting so I just kissed him and he seemed pretty happy about it too, not letting me leave his side for the rest of the night. I haven’t seen or spoken to him since he kissed me goodbye in the taxi that night. I like him and I want to get to know him more. We don’t have any classes together or no other reason that we would bump in to each other, only that we go to the same college. I don’t want to weird him out or scare him off. Should I text him? Or what should I do next? I know it’s probably me just over thinking things but I can’t help it. I hate dating in this generation because you have no idea what is going on!!

Friend/follow him on social media, make small talk first. Do not text him directly with any sort of "I like you" type thing. Feel this out first. At this point you don't know if he is interested. He doesn't sound shy at all and has not contacted you, despite having your contact info.

We don’t have any classes together or no other reason that we would bump in to each other, only that we go to the same college.

He flirted with you so he's not shy. You made the first major move by kissing him. He knows you're interested. In my experience, unless a guy is shy, he should make the move in contacting you next. It sounds like you exchanged numbers. If he doesn't contact you, he's just not that into you and liked the brief flirtation but is not interested enough to ask you out. A guy who was excited about you wouldn't let an opportunity like this slip him by. Your fate lies with another guy who will make it crystal clear he's into you.

Ha ha! No matter the age or generation we have all felt the same.

What is wrong with you asking him out on a date? I know the big thing is to causally hang out as groups or whatever but a one on one coffee date or something simple couldn't hurt right?

Be brave and ask him to something simple that is going on around campus this weekend or just ask him to lunch. That way you will know either way.

Lost

He flirted with you so he's not shy. You made the first major move by kissing him. He knows you're interested. In my experience, unless a guy is shy, he should make the move in contacting you next. It sounds like you exchanged numbers. If he doesn't contact you, he's just not that into you and liked the brief flirtation but is not interested enough to ask you out. A guy who was excited about you wouldn't let an opportunity like this slip him by. Your fate lies with another guy who will make it crystal clear he's into you.

I agree with this. Nothing wrong with asking him out except you risk coming across as pushy because of the choices you made when you were out with him. I would say in this situation the ball is in his court and he doesn't seem the least bit shy.

Don't. If you have each other's contact info and he is actually interested, he'll reach out. If he isn't doing it, it's because he isn't that into you, sorry. Your interest in him is more than clear. At this point, you step away and leave the ball in his court. If he drops it, it is what it is - a brief flirtation without more.

Archived