Told my boss I was starting my own daycare

Seraphim

I told her but I guess I was not clear enough as she kept asking me to give them more time to get organized. However, ,I already have all my paperwork ready and I’ve already spent $300 worth of stuff for my home daycare . It is not like I can go back now .

I guess I just need moral support to go into again tomorrow and tell her look I’m really not coming back I’m starting my own business I’m sorry it’s nothing to do with you . I will give you a month’s notice but then my daycare opens October 15 .

So what I would do is rehearse a short and sweet speech and also come up with a mantra that works for you to calm yourself down. Sometimes I tell myself "I am going to a tea party" when I have an interview or a potentially intense/stressful meeting at work - whatever works to get you to a calm place just for that short amount of time. And you know what - you can work in your compliments to your boss -no need to gush -just a simple "I've really enjoyed working with you" kind of thing. And then after treat yourself to something special.

I'm really inspired by your new adventure and your courage! And very excited!!! It's always scary trying something new, plus it's never easy giving notice to an employer, especially when you know they don't want to lose you. ((Hugs)) You are such a strong person, I know you can do this, and I know your new business venture will be a success. Sending you tons of luck, good wishes and hugs!!!

Archived