My girlfriend is not talkative, what can I do.

unnameddd

My girlfriend and I have LDR and we talk a lot. But I always feel like I have to do all the talking. She never brings up subjects or she could something about what I just said shortly.

Yesterday we were talking in phone and it came to the point when there's complete silence for a while. I didn't say anything because I wanted her to. Then she got mad/moody at me "why don't you say anything". I didn't know what to do so I just kept talking like nothing happened but it is really annoying me.

I love her and she loves me. I know she feels comfortable with me. But it keeps digging my mind like I'm running alone on some marathon sometimes. What should I do?

How long have you dated? Have you met in person? How often do you see each other? It sounds like there is nothing in common and nothing to build on if you have no plans to see each other or close the distance.

My girlfriend and I have LDR and we talk a lot. I didn't know what to do so I just kept talking like nothing happened but it is really annoying me.

Is she like this in person too? Agree with above poster that maybe talk less and allow for some time in between so that when you talk it's kind of more special and you both actually have things to share. Could also be simply her personality. She likes to listen, but won't talk. Years ago, I knew a person like that. It's exhausting and very boring at the same time. Has nothing to do with them being comfortable or not, it's just who they are. So basically, this is part of dating. As you get to know the person, either you are growing closer together, or you discover that they have issues you don't want to deal with and part ways.

How long do you two talk for in one session and how many days per week? LDR are notoriously hard, especially if there wasn't enough rapport already established previously. It would be useful to know how long you two have also been together, but it sounds like the distance is getting to you two regardless. If I were you, then I would make plans in order to close the distance more if you have been together a long time. If it has been a short amount of time, I suggest to get out of this LDR and date someone locally. It's not worth it to keep this at that point, so early into the game.

Yeah, have you ever met this girl?

Yeah that's the $100,000 question.

If you have met and spent "real" time, and she is only this way when you're texting or on phone, then agree with Sherry, don't talk as much! I see no reason why you should be doing that anyway.

My boyfriend and I often sit in silence with each other when together. Silence can be quite intimate, when together in person. Under a tree at the park enjoying nature, my head on his shoulder (or vice versa), taking a stroll on the beach during sunset holding hands, things like that. But on phone, yeah it's awkward, no doubt about that.

What I think could be a red flag is her annoyance and insistence that you talk! What was that about? She expects you to carry the entire conversation? I give you credit for keeping your cool on that one, I wouldn't have.

Archived