Iíve not been very good at journaling this year!

Iíve been dating someone for almost a year - we met last December. I do wonder if weíll make it into the new year due to a few issues. Heís a single dad, first one Iíve ever dated, and Iíve spent a bit of time with his son but he has behavioural issues at home so not sure how I would handle this if I become step-mum. Thereís also the topic of if I want my own child - Iím still not made up and honestly I donít think he wants another one.

He (my boyfriend) is currently living with his dad saving money and helping out (dad is registered disabled but mobile for short periods). The dad is also going deaf and I donít click with his sense of humour so I find any time visiting really testing trying to hold a normal conversation with him. I also have been living with my parents while I look for a full time job and now appreciate how much space they give me and boyf when he visits!

I have one close friend in this town who I have known since school - and sheís been driving me nuts lately. I think weíve grown apart and donít relate on the same level anymore. I even hate texting her to organise anything - all I get are ďokĒ as responses and that on itís own does my head in!

And on the subject of work - I had two part time jobs in this town but one has now finished due to being a fixed term contract on a small team. The idea was to use that as a CV filler to move onto something else but Iíve been lazy of late applying to jobs. On the plus side I have noticed more Ďinterestingí roles being advertised which gets my hopes up.

In the meantime I have a part time job in retail. Half of my department is off sick so thereís a lot of overtime going but itís been frustrating with a rubbish new manager who isnít on top of anything. Iím supposed to get a weeks notice of shifts with 24 hrs notice being the exception but lately every week my shifts have only been confirmed the day before or I get a message begging me to work the next day.

This doesnít seem like a very positive opening post, want it all off my chest before the year end haha!