Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

That's really neat. I hope the walks turn out to be great.

It's nice that little ones get fresh air and the people working in the daycare can get a bit of a break from inside too and get a bit of sun.

Right now we are lucky enough to get out about five hours a day in my yard playground.

At first I thought it was an attachment for the back of a bicycle. I thought to myself, "hmm, not sure if that will be safe when taking a corner". :eek: lol

Hahaha yeah that would be crazy. Corners are hard to steer in the Runabout you do have to have upper body strength to move it. I just looked up the price of it brand new and it’s $4000. 😳

I interviewed another lady heck when was it I think yesterday I don’t know all the days are blending together this week. She is another referral and he would’ve been my fourth little full-time guy. Then I get a call this morning from the nice family that came three weeks ago, the mother who is a college professor well she didn’t get her contract because of course the border is closed and no international students. The.hits.just.keep.coming.this.week. I mean I know I can get another child that’s not the issue it’s just that her kids are really really nice kids and they are really nice family. She asked if her son could come back if she gets her contract in the new year because she goes he really likes it there.

I'm sure you will be able to get another nice family in very soon.

Wishing you a quiet and calm weekend.

I can get another child no problem people are desperate for childcare here really desperate. The problem will be is if they are a nice family or if the kid really fits into my Daycare. Kids are super great and polite and very easy kids to care for. The parents pick up very promptly at 3:30 even though I am open until 5. In stark contrast I have a child that starts at seven and the parents only pick up at 5 to 5 even though they’ve been home for two hours because “ they want their money’s worth so why not.” And I feel like saying you got your more than your money’s worth your child has been here for 10 freaking hours I spend more time with your child than you do. Or it could be another kid like the disrespectful hell sisters I’ve had for two years. Everything is just so up in the air.

I'm sorry she left! I can see where a parent might need time after work to get stuff done during daycare hours. Way back I sent my son to a four hour preschool. The teacher at one point asked me to pick him up a half hour early because he tended to get cranky/misbehave by then (he was 3). I said no - we were paying top dollar and it was a four hour program. So - nope. We didn't go back the following year. I realize it's different in my case -I can just see the parents' perspective.

I'm sorry she left! I can see where a parent might need time after work to get stuff done during daycare hours. Way back I sent my son to a four hour preschool. The teacher at one point asked me to pick him up a half hour early because he tended to get cranky/misbehave by then (he was 3). I said no - we were paying top dollar and it was a four hour program. So - nope. We didn't go back the following year. I realize it's different in my case -I can just see the parents' perspective.

The thing is I get paid $40 a day and he is here for 10 hours, take off the $8 a day you spend to feed a child that is $32 for childcare for 10 hours. So that is $3.20 an hour. She makes $30 an hour and bytches and bitterly complains she never made so little. So I can’t say I am overflowing is sympathy. Don’t get me wrong he is an awesome awesome kid but I don’t suffer being taken advantage of easily.

• 2 weeks later...
Oh no!!! How are you now? We had our weekly staff meeting today on zoom and one of my coworkers was kind of lounging back -because he threw his back out. I'm sorry and I hope you're doing a little better.

It happened a week ago lifting a new little fellow about 500 times in 3 hours. He is 21/2 and solid. It is a new little guy and his transition wasn’t going well. He was screaming and banging his head on the floor. He has never left his mom’s side before.

Now, I can barely walk or sit or anything. 😖😖😖😖

It happened a week ago lifting a new little fellow about 500 times in 3 hours. He is 21/2 and solid. It is a new little guy and his transition wasn’t going well. He was screaming and banging his head on the floor. He has never left his mom’s side before.

Now, I can barely walk or sit or anything. 😖😖😖😖

Oh oh that will do it. I get it. i push a heavy shopping cart too often and I have to make myself keep a straight back. How are you doing today?

Oh oh that will do it. I get it. i push a heavy shopping cart too often and I have to make myself keep a straight back. How are you doing today?

I slept 12 hours last night which was amazing. It hurts less and I can tell the original muscle location which is injured. It will take time. Thanks for asking .

• 2 weeks later...