Open Club  ·  95 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

They are ok with him. The bus is literally 75 feet from the house . The 3 year olds are ok with him. I have told the parents he sometimes watches for a few mins while I am in the bathroom before J gets here.

I understand. I would not leave them for 5 minutes supervised by a non-certified person. Not because it happens to be your son -would say that about any adult. Unless the parents know and agree. They really might be ok with it!
i
They are ok with him. The bus is literally 75 feet from the house . The 3 year olds are ok with him. I have told the parents he sometimes watches for a few mins while I am in the bathroom before J gets here. i

Oh ok if they know and it's documented that they know that you're not actually in the house (to me as a parent the bathroom is different)- then you're good. With all I read and hear about these sorts of situations I would take no chances about leaving young children in the house while you are outside of the house other than to step out the door to bring in a package. Again that's just me and what I know from my past experience working in a daycare and my present experience with my own child and the parents I know. Like I said -if they know you leave the house for a few minutes then it's all good! I personally would have an email blast about it so you have a paper trail.

Well, mom and dad have let her cat nap for 8 months. As mom said we’ve had an eight month holiday where everybody did whatever they wanted whenever they wanted= living hell for daycare provider.

We had a sort of schedule the first 6 months meaning eat every 2 hours/nap right after and then a nap schedule starting at 6 months. It's one reason why I'm glad we didn't need daycare - I had him on a great schedule and wouldn't have wanted to shift that. He was a fabulous sleeper from age 10 weeks to almost 7 years old (and he would have started through the night before 10 weeks but we had a miscommunication with his former pediatrician) -we were truly blessed! I hope he falls into the schedule.

I hope she does too. All my other kids sleep for 2.5 hours every afternoon.

We had a sort of schedule the first 6 months meaning eat every 2 hours/nap right after and then a nap schedule starting at 6 months. It's one reason why I'm glad we didn't need daycare - I had him on a great schedule and wouldn't have wanted to shift that. He was a fabulous sleeper from age 10 weeks to almost 7 years old (and he would have started through the night before 10 weeks but we had a miscommunication with his former pediatrician) -we were truly blessed! I hope he falls into the schedule.
I hope she does too. All my other kids sleep for 2.5 hours every afternoon.

Yes -when mine was 8 months old he was on 3 naps/day, down to 2 at one year, 1 at 19 months. I know daycare works differently -we mostly followed a sleep habits book we liked and even though my son couldn't read yet lol it worked for him!

Many many Autistic people don’t sleep well. He didn’t sleep a full night until 7 and never napped after 19 months.

Yes, I've heard of that. And I know of many children who are not autistic are "typical" and don't sleep well as babies, don't nap well, etc. It's hard on the parents for sure!

Time to be done. She sent me a text today that she did not feel what she got paid was fair. Because I got another child and make great money now she feels she is entitled to more pay though she works less . Yup, entitled is right. Changed my Netflix password and no longer going to order Scentsy with her daughter and maybe she doesn’t have a job with me Monday. 😡😡😡😡

Time to be done. She sent me a text today that she did not feel what she got paid was fair. Because I got another child and make great money now she feels she is entitled to more pay though she works less . Yup, entitled is right. Changed my Netflix password and no longer going to order Scentsy with her daughter and maybe she doesn’t have a job with me Monday. 😡😡😡😡

Good for you!!! You must be proud of yourself. That took a lot.

• Like 1

It did. They haven’t mentioned the Netflix and I don’t think she will dare ask. I also hid my pop because she hasn’t paid to drink it in 3 weeks. We had a salary negotiation and I had in mind what my top amount I was going to pay was but I did manage to lowball her far below that . But I do really resent that she pulled that sh*t when I’m in a really vulnerable position

Good for you!!! You must be proud of yourself. That took a lot.