Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

I have no spoons today. I am exhausted from yesterday. I worked all day and chaired a meeting last night until 9 PM. We walked up with the kids to play group and in the afternoon we were outside for 2 hours. I had to get a gift for a brown bag auction ,pick up one of the ladies and then chair the meeting till nine .

The 5 year old whatever her issue is that she has to try and annoy people....we are just going to give it no response at all unless it is a safety issue to her or another child. Not many kids I don’t like but this one ...her behaviour makes me none too fond of her.

The 5 year old whatever her issue is that she has to try and annoy people....we are just going to give it no response at all unless it is a safety issue to her or another child. Not many kids I don’t like but this one ...her behaviour makes me none too fond of her.

I love this quote I've now seen several times -that a child like that is not giving you a hard time but HAVING a hard time (this is typically meant for how the parent should respond but it sounds like it would apply to a caregiver like you as well). I use it with my son and do both -meaning I do tell him if he's being too demanding on me/hurting my feelings/irritating me and I also acknowledge that he must be having a hard time. Certainly it could turn out she is "trying" to annoy you but that mindset might just create even more negativity/escalate the situation and your attitude towards her. Before you presume I'm assuming you don't know any of this or that I know better, I most certainly am not. Just responding to your comment that you are none too fond of a child you are in charge of for the time she is left in your care. That's not a pleasant feeling, I know and I get it!

I know she is having a hard time. For what reason I have no clue. I have brought up her compulsive lying ( lying that can cause me liability) to her parents before. They just laugh it off, oh that’s ....she likes to fib hahaha

She has several times purposely tried to trip me carrying an infant, poured off all over my bathroom mats, peed on the bathroom mats. Asked me to “ kill her mom”. This child is a mess but they blow it off by saying she loves to be shocking. Th

If I ignore her behaviour a lot of it goes away.

I know she is having a hard time. For what reason I have no clue. I have brought up her compulsive lying ( lying that can cause me liability) to her parents before. They just laugh it off, oh that’s ....she likes to fib hahaha

She has several times purposely tried to trip me carrying an infant, poured off all over my bathroom mats, peed on the bathroom mats. Asked me to “ kill her mom”. This child is a mess but they blow it off by saying she loves to be shocking. Th

If I ignore her behaviour a lot of it goes away.

Yes I use ignoring as an approach and it definitely helps my stress level too! I'm sorry she is behaving this way -it's very concerning and I cannot believe (!!) the parents laugh it off!

Yes I use ignoring as an approach and it definitely helps my stress level too! I'm sorry she is behaving this way -it's very concerning and I cannot believe (!!) the parents laugh it off!

Yeah both parents have told me to my face that they are lazy at parenting and they know it. The 3 year old daughter when she came had a bottle and a diaper and was baby talking , “ uppie, milkie, dada “ when she has an INCREDIBLE vocabulary for 3. Her mom said they loved to have her “ babyish “. Now the bottle is gone , she is using proper words in my house at least and I have her potty trained at my house but her parents still let her soil a diaper at home. It is so so frustrating.

It is not the kid’s fault I know. It is the parents being lazy and making their kids’ life difficult and by association mine too.

A little late, but how do you do this? I have been so disappointed with the traditional vinegar way of doing it.

By the way, hi!

Hey!!!! How are you???

Boil them as usual. Cool. Soak in vinegar for 2 mins. Spread Cool Whip all over a flat pan and add drops of food dye .

Roll the eggs around and wipe with a cloth.

That sounds cool - Are they pastel-like from the cool whip?

I'm doing actually really well, thanks! M is doing well, too(still dealing with school stuff...sigh). He had dental surgery a few weeks ago for crowns. The tooth brushing battle is still ongoing but he's developed an interest in the kids WaterPik, so I just use the toothbrush attachment. Lol. He's so big. And he looks so much like I did at that age. I was kind of tripping out on it yesterday when I was watching him play.

How are you? Long time no talk. I have been basically inactive on FB for 6 months or so just dealing with home life.

That sounds cool - Are they pastel-like from the cool whip?

I'm doing actually really well, thanks! M is doing well, too(still dealing with school stuff...sigh). He had dental surgery a few weeks ago for crowns. The tooth brushing battle is still ongoing but he's developed an interest in the kids WaterPik, so I just use the toothbrush attachment. Lol. He's so big. And he looks so much like I did at that age. I was kind of tripping out on it yesterday when I was watching him play.

How are you? Long time no talk. I have been basically inactive on FB for 6 months or so just dealing with home life.

We are doing really well! I started my own business back in last end of Nov. R is going to do a career change . Still in the military but different job. We might move when that is done. Goodness knows where. Little/big R is good too.

Nice to hear about M and you!

Sending a PM.

We all ate the same thing yesterday too. So it is weird. No more throwing up but my stomach feels like it has lead in it.

I'm glad it may have been just one episode. What I would do is try water or sparkling water if you have any. Sips at first. Hope you feel much better.