Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

That's extremely contagious.

Have you checked the other kids for it?

I remember my sis in law bringing her son to a bday party with it, not knowing what it was.

Every child, including my two ended up with it.

Half my kids are on holiday. I know it is contagious. Here according to the Ministry of Education if they have a doctor’s note saying they can return to daycare they can. The Ministry of Education runs all daycares. I have a doctor’s note for that child. All that can be done is inform the other parents and they can pull their kids if they choose.

I am really giving considerable thought to hiring someone else. I had a very impromptu interview yesterday and the parents will let me know today if they go with me or not. If so I NEED someone else.

I asked J’s eldest daughter to be a back up in case either of us get sick and she said no because it is a 15 mins to drive in from her place. Whaaaaa? 🙄

Whatever ,all useless. I am no longer funding her other daughter’s Scentsy business either.

I am a little anxious about how this will all work out once J is not here for drop off and pick up . I have asked her 3 times now when she will be returning and leaving and 3 times she has said she will tell me more later that day and never does .

I have decided for bus times I will take the infants with me and my son can stay with the toddlers and pre schoolers. The bus stop is across the street from my house and takes literally only 5 mins.

So I'll throw in my two cents. He can be alone with them if he is certified in CPR/childcare all that you are certified in. Otherwise what I would do is what I've seen done at other daycares including one I visited a few years ago. Have the kids hold onto a rope (meaning not a leash situation!! - a long rope where they walk one behind the other holding on -yes you hold the end and your son holds the other end but meaning they're not attached to anything -they are holding on). Walk to bus stop in that way and make it a game. 5 minutes, right? But if I were a parent I would want to know that there was a time of 5 minutes when my child wasn't being supervised by a certified person and then I would decide whether it's ok. It might be very ok and it might not and I would want to know. Heaven forbid there's a boo boo even during that 5 minutes and a parent finds out the kids weren't being supervised by a certified person - well that wouldn't be worth it to me. I'm just making a suggestion, it's my opinion, and I know it's a tough situation.

I can’t do a rope situation I have two infants who don’t walk and a two-year-old who thinks it’s funny to run away .

I understand. I would not leave them for 5 minutes supervised by a non-certified person. Not because it happens to be your son -would say that about any adult. Unless the parents know and agree. They really might be ok with it!