Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

I am literally sick to my stomach about what happened to my baby little . The parents were very sweet about the accident between the kids though for which I am thankful. But I am so heartbroken for that kid. 😓💔. The other child who caused the accident was also very distraught and hysterical.

I am literally sick to my stomach about what happened to my baby little . The parents were very sweet about the accident between the kids though for which I am thankful. But I am so heartbroken for that kid. 😓💔. The other child who caused the accident was also very distraught and hysterical.

Oh I'm so sorry. So here's a parent's perspective -my son went to a camp once that had hardwood floors. Director let the kids run around in socks. Son was 8 I think. He slipped and fell and hit his mouth on the floor and broke an adult tooth -left a dent in the floor. No head injury. OK it was dumb to let the kids run in socks on slippery floors - but what really got me - the director didn't call me to tell me (!!) -so I pick him up after 4pm on a Friday and find out right then (and my husband was out of town). Really??? You couldnt at least call me so I could start calling dentists before 4:30PM on a Friday to find out what to do next??

Oh I'm so sorry. So here's a parent's perspective -my son went to a camp once that had hardwood floors. Director let the kids run around in socks. Son was 8 I think. He slipped and fell and hit his mouth on the floor and broke an adult tooth -left a dent in the floor. No head injury. OK it was dumb to let the kids run in socks on slippery floors - but what really got me - the director didn't call me to tell me (!!) -so I pick him up after 4pm on a Friday and find out right then (and my husband was out of town). Really??? You couldnt at least call me so I could start calling dentists before 4:30PM on a Friday to find out what to do next??

Absolutely! I can totally see your point and that is the responsible thing to do. So sorry that happened to your son! That’s ridiculous!

What happened was there was a crocheted blanket in the child’s mouth and another child yanked it super hard out of her mouth. Well the tooth popped out root and all.

I called the mom IMMEDIATELY and mom was there in 5 mins and took her to a dentist. Unfortunately nothing could be done but there was no permanent damage to her mouth.

Absolutely! I can totally see your point and that is the responsible thing to do. So sorry that happened to your son! That’s ridiculous!

What happened was there was a crocheted blanket in the child’s mouth and another child yanked it super hard out of her mouth. Well the tooth popped out root and all.

I called the mom IMMEDIATELY and mom was there in 5 mins and took her to a dentist. Unfortunately nothing could be done but there was no permanent damage to her mouth.

Oh!!! Ouch! I'm so sorry. Baby or adult tooth? So -my son actually loved that camp and has been back a lot (they changed the procedures!). He had to have his adult tooth bonded.

• 3 weeks later...
But to make certain sounds properly you need to place your tongue on your teeth.

Exactly. If kids lose their teeth way before its natural time, it could. They won't get an adult tooth for at least another 4 years. Their adult teeth are either not formed or a few years from being ready to poke through at 2.

It’s Too Soon When…

If your child loses a tooth before the age of 3, then you need to schedule an appointment with your pediatric dentist. Usually, natural tooth loss begins around age 6, and concludes around age 12.

If a baby tooth is lost too early, it can cause serious crowding problems for the developing adult teeth, as well as negatively impact the jaw’s muscle and bone development. This can lead to necessary orthodontic treatment later in life to correct a bite and alignment issues.

Can You Fix a Tooth Lost Too Early?

Fortunately, there are plenty of options for those that lose teeth too soon! Spacers and space maintainers are placed in the gap of the lost tooth to help prepare for the arrival of the incoming adult tooth. Spacers come in many shapes, sizes and colors, and can make an un-fun situation more enjoyable for your child.

Hopefully the parents take her in to get looked at. especially to make sure part of the root wasn't left behind to become infected

Exactly. If kids lose their teeth way before its natural time, it could. They won't get an adult tooth for at least another 4 years. Their adult teeth are either not formed or a few years from being ready to poke through at 2.

It’s Too Soon When…

If your child loses a tooth before the age of 3, then you need to schedule an appointment with your pediatric dentist. Usually, natural tooth loss begins around age 6, and concludes around age 12.

If a baby tooth is lost too early, it can cause serious crowding problems for the developing adult teeth, as well as negatively impact the jaw’s muscle and bone development. This can lead to necessary orthodontic treatment later in life to correct a bite and alignment issues.

Can You Fix a Tooth Lost Too Early?

Fortunately, there are plenty of options for those that lose teeth too soon! Spacers and space maintainers are placed in the gap of the lost tooth to help prepare for the arrival of the incoming adult tooth. Spacers come in many shapes, sizes and colors, and can make an un-fun situation more enjoyable for your child.

Hopefully the parents take her in to get looked at. especially to make sure part of the root wasn't left behind to become infected

It popped out root and all. She was taken to a dentist within 10 mins of the occurrence. She is going to have significant dental issues as they all came in out of sequence and are all different sizes and spaces . She is going to speech therapy and occupational therapy and physio. Etc.

But the reason I know having all your teeth as being important for proper speech is because my son did speech therapy. My son had fluid on the ears from 14 months to past 3. He had very muffled speech. He has learning disabilities to this day because drs didn’t put tubes in his ears. He has a process hearing disorder and a phonological learning disability attributed to their not treating him correctly. All impossible now to correct. As a result of speech therapy and the natural growth of his eustachian tubes he hears perfectly and his speech is impeccable. But that doesn’t mean he can always interpret what you’re saying.

Proper speech development is also the basis for proper written grammar development. Because my son had fluid in his ears and did not have proper speech development at a critical age his phonological learning disability impairs him from proper written grammar and proper spelling ability. Not being able to hear speech properly and not having proper speech at critical developmental times is no joke. And my son is one of the .01% of adults who have this disability. And if they do not grow out of it by the age of 17-ish they never will. And since my son was diagnosed at 17 I was told he will forever have this disability.