Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

Work keeps calling me and wanting me to work. D’oh! She has no one to replace me like literally nobody .

I was just thinking of this today!

They keep calling me too. I offered up to help if any questions came up or the like. It was constant for a while, but was pretty easy to put my foot down. Gotta self regulate.

I just wish I had left sooner! I'm happier, making more, and my confidence is boosted.

But live n learn - I'll never go back to undervaluing my contributions again!

• Like 1
I was just thinking of this today!

They keep calling me too. I offered up to help if any questions came up or the like. It was constant for a while, but was pretty easy to put my foot down. Gotta self regulate.

I just wish I had left sooner! I'm happier, making more, and my confidence is boosted.

But live n learn - I'll never go back to undervaluing my contributions again!

Right.

Sigh. Sad thing is I really like my boss. She is a great lady. But the organization F that. It is more so the executive director. I could throat punch her. She is basically destroying our location .

But she talked me into working three more shifts next week . And one this week. Two of those shifts are when I’m running on my own daycare so my partner is going to have to take over for an hour . The shifts are always just one hour. I can’t seem to get away to save my life . 😳

But she talked me into working three more shifts next week . And one this week. Two of those shifts are when I’m running on my own daycare so my partner is going to have to take over for an hour . The shifts are always just one hour. I can’t seem to get away to save my life . 

Is it worth your while? Would you do this on an on-going basis, or as a transition, and do you have a cut-off date? Does it help you grow your business? (It might, it might not, I don't know.)

Work keeps calling me and wanting me to work. D’oh! She has no one to replace me like literally nobody .

Just a thought, if you don't fill in, and they are short staffed, some of their clients may become yours. (Do you have a non-compete agreement that would prevent that?)

I did give an official cut off date ,yes. But it appears nobody cares 🤦♀️🤷🏻♀️ Because my boss said she’s going to continue to call me because she’s got NOBODY. Would it help me grow my business quite possibly for sure because my work already handed me one full-time customer and one part-time customer.

Is it worth your while? Would you do this on an on-going basis, or as a transition, and do you have a cut-off date? Does it help you grow your business? (It might, it might not, I don't know.)
I did give an official cut off date ,yes. But it appears nobody cares 臘♀️路♀️ Because my boss said she’s going to continue to call me because she’s got NOBODY. Would it help me grow my business quite possibly for sure because my work already handed me one full-time customer and one part-time customer.

Well, next time they call because they have nobody, can you tell them they can send you their overflow? Bill as an independent contractor at a higher rate? Make if definitely worth your while without necessarily burning your bridges, and conveying your independent status.

Well, next time they call because they have nobody, can you tell them they can send you their overflow? Bill as an independent contractor at a higher rate? Make if definitely worth your while without necessarily burning your bridges, and conveying your independent status.

Good idea!!

Although, I wonder how that would work out in the childcare world. Parents might not like to think of their children as "overflow."

Parents might not like to think of their children as "overflow."

Right. I wouldn't actually put it that way. To former employer: "I'd be happy to talk to the parents about having their children here if you can't accommodate them." Maybe even give them a referral fee for any new client that signs a contract that they send your way. (Again, as long as you don't have a non-compete agreement signed.)

The text I sent my boss:

I have a proposition for you guys . I could continue to do care but out of my house. The people could drop kids here and pick up after appointment. What would need to happen for that? For “” to do an inspection? That way might suit all but Friday's.

What I did was set a high rate on my assistance after I left. I thought it would discourage them from calling me much, but it didn't! And me kicking myself for not negotiating high earlier!

I STILL have said no sometimes because of time - basically only some training and advising.

There comes a time to not worry about how they will manage anymore, do what is in your interests. My immediate boss is a nice lady too, for the most part I enjoyed working with her. But her management is what she's paid for, and now I pay myself first .

Negotiate what YOU want. You've done so awesome so far.

What I did was set a high rate on my assistance after I left. I thought it would discourage them from calling me much, but it didn't! And me kicking myself for not negotiating high earlier!

I STILL have said no sometimes because of time - basically only some training and advising.

There comes a time to not worry about how they will manage anymore, do what is in your interests. My immediate boss is a nice lady too, for the most part I enjoyed working with her. But her management is what she's paid for, and now I pay myself first .

Thanks!!

I agree and I'm glad you asked them about having the children come to you. Totally worth it even though unfortunately didn't work out.

Today I have no daycare friends but I have 2 shifts at work. Daycare hasn’t significantly impacted my family as of yet. My husband has been out the door before the kids get here . My son has been awake. November though I think a child stars coming at 6:30 AM . That may cause more impact . I will be competing with hubby for the bathroom at the same time .