Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

• 1 month later...

My friend has been taking her 1 year old child to daycare during the entire shut down, so I wonder how it was determined which daycares could stay open and which ones had to close. This is in the US, of course, where every state and practically every county has different regulations.

My friend has been taking her 1 year old child to daycare during the entire shut down, so I wonder how it was determined which daycares could stay open and which ones had to close. This is in the US, of course, where every state and practically every county has different regulations.

Here licensed have been closed since March 14 I believe. They have some centres open for essential workers. I know some non licensed have stayed open. I wanted to close and my housing authority told us to close .

So I don't mean this as "judgey" -it's curiosity and makes me confused about what to do. We've had no in person playdates or get togethers with anyone. We have no plans to. My friend who has two young kids (maybe 8 and 6?) said they are playing with neighbor friends daily. I mean that would be so nice if we could do that some of the time - unfortunately his friend in the building has an immunocompromised grandma/nanny so his parents are having him interact with her safely so they can do work but otherwise isolating him completely. But yes we know people we could reach out to. We just have not. Yes it is allowed where we live - lots of stuff is allowed now that we are not doing at all. We haven't changed our routine at all yet. No plans to. But she is intelligent and educated and she is doing this. Just makes me question our restrictions.

Our plans in the next few weeks are to look into some safe hikes/day trips but no plans to go to a theater or a store with him, etc. Just hard to know what to do.

So I don't mean this as "judgey" -it's curiosity and makes me confused about what to do. We've had no in person playdates or get togethers with anyone. We have no plans to. My friend who has two young kids (maybe 8 and 6?) said they are playing with neighbor friends daily. I mean that would be so nice if we could do that some of the time - unfortunately his friend in the building has an immunocompromised grandma/nanny so his parents are having him interact with her safely so they can do work but otherwise isolating him completely. But yes we know people we could reach out to. We just have not. Yes it is allowed where we live - lots of stuff is allowed now that we are not doing at all. We haven't changed our routine at all yet. No plans to. But she is intelligent and educated and she is doing this. Just makes me question our restrictions.

Our plans in the next few weeks are to look into some safe hikes/day trips but no plans to go to a theater or a store with him, etc. Just hard to know what to do.

One of my daycare families is still having grandmas look after kids and they are going motorcycle riding with their motorcycle club and they’ve had birthdays with cousins they haven’t stopped doing anything with any restriction whatsoever. 😳😳😳😳🙄🙄🙄🙄

And she posts it fully on her Facebook. I don’t know whether she thinks I don’t notice or what.

I don't know what to think. My zip code has one of the largest number of cases, yet people are not wearing masks, are not practicing social distancing and are gathering at food trucks and other places. And I have no idea if any of those people are getting sick. It makes me wonder if all I'm doing to try to stay safe is not really necessary! Should I just go out like there isn't a pandemic going on like those people, or should I continue on with all my routines I developed out of fear and anxiety? Then I think, maybe there's a middle ground somewhere between callous disregard and anxious fear.

I just don't know...

Sweden tried that and their corona rate is climbing exponentially.

Oh, I agree. It's just thoughts going through my mind, that others in my zip code are acting like the pandemic isn't a thing, then others like me are being super cautious. I would love to be able to relax some of the elaborate routines my OCD brain came up with, but I do believe the pandemic is a thing so I don't feel safe doing that.

It's getting to people. See my post on the corona thread: https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=563986&page=25&p=7215545&viewfull=1#post7215545

Oh, I agree. It's just thoughts going through my mind, that others in my zip code are acting like the pandemic isn't a thing, then others like me are being super cautious. I would love to be able to relax some of the elaborate routines my OCD brain came up with, but I do believe the pandemic is a thing so I don't feel safe doing that.
One of my daycare families is still having grandmas look after kids and they are going motorcycle riding with their motorcycle club and they’ve had birthdays with cousins they haven’t stopped doing anything with any restriction whatsoever. 😳😳😳😳🙄🙄🙄🙄

And she posts it fully on her Facebook. I don’t know whether she thinks I don’t notice or what.

So I have a friend in a small town nearby with a high infection rate who started a public facebook group to encourage a drive by parade for her son's 10th bday this weekend. Gave her address and told them to meet at a nearby parking lot to start the procession. She cleared it with the police department but it makes me wonder - so she's assuming all these people are going to stay in their cars the whole time -and it's public so isn't it risky??

So I have a friend in a small town nearby with a high infection rate who started a public facebook group to encourage a drive by parade for her son's 10th bday this weekend. Gave her address and told them to meet at a nearby parking lot to start the procession. She cleared it with the police department but it makes me wonder - so she's assuming all these people are going to stay in their cars the whole time -and it's public so isn't it risky??

Here some jurisdictions have outlawed this too.

Here some jurisdictions have outlawed this too.

I mean for a number of reasons- first it encourages crowds to gather - because people might be motivated to exit their cars - second the risk of accidents- even a fender bender then requires close interaction. But also I'm worried that she published her address and the timing and about her son's bday.......

I mean for a number of reasons- first it encourages crowds to gather - because people might be motivated to exit their cars - second the risk of accidents- even a fender bender then requires close interaction. But also I'm worried that she published her address and the timing and about her son's bday.......

I have sensitive info on my personal page, but privacy settings are very high and only good personal friends and family are on it.

Hi Seraphim - Hang in there. I hope that things are going well with you. I like the new play set you got the kids.

My friend's son is turning... I don't know - 3 or 4 next weekend. I told her I'd drop something on her porch for him. I asked her what he is into these days (like Paw Patrol or whatever). She said "cheese." I'm like, "what - your son wants a cheese platter for his bday???" lol. I got him a cheese toy and a cheese book and I'll go to the store and get him some cheeses.

Hi Seraphim - Hang in there. I hope that things are going well with you. I like the new play set you got the kids.

My friend's son is turning... I don't know - 3 or 4 next weekend. I told her I'd drop something on her porch for him. I asked her what he is into these days (like Paw Patrol or whatever). She said "cheese." I'm like, "what - your son wants a cheese platter for his bday???" lol. I got him a cheese toy and a cheese book and I'll go to the store and get him some cheeses.

Thanks Annie!

• 2 weeks later...