Open Club  ·  96 members  ·  Free

Journals

Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Seraphim

Thanks. I have a sinus infection and a goopy eye and a cough and a headache. I have an appointment with my dr anyway for my blood pressure check. Hopefully, he will see me about this while there . I am a complete wreck and am just exhausted.

Yes I can imagine -you're probably not getting enough rest to get this under control. I'm sorry to hear this.

• 4 weeks later...

Are you effin kidding me..... J says to me when you’re not busy can you look for Physio places for me? you have being there for a week while I am run off my azz. I work literally 18 hours today because I said I would do a private babysitting gig for this Colonel after my daycare closes until midnight. Both you and your daughter are sitting on your rump all day and you can’t look up phone numbers???????

She text me saying she feared losing her job because I am fine without her . I said , yes I do need your help but my health is a priority too I can’t keep cancelling doctors appointments because you’re off or have doctors appointments too. We have to work with each other here not at opposite to each other . I am not your enemy and I’m not trying to screw you . We both have health concerns and we both need to be considerate of each other. I know your life with your husband only taught you to give a crap about yourself and your kids but you have to work with me. I am doing you a favour too you know .

Not right now. She couldn’t even walk as far as her bathroom. She may lose that job who knows .

How can she work at a daycare, then. Little kids sometimes need to be picked up - definitely babies, but often toddlers, too.

Why not hire someone else part time and fire her? I know you said you could not afford it, but you can't afford to be broken.

How can she work at a daycare, then. Little kids sometimes need to be picked up - definitely babies, but often toddlers, too.

Why not hire someone else part time and fire her? I know you said you could not afford it, but you can't afford to be broken.

Her doctor feels she will be much better with Physio.

Saturday I picked up J and her daughter to go to the Christmas market. And then we went out for lunch and another store. Basically I realized my mistake and treating her like an equal in the business. I’m the one taking all the risk ,all the falls and most of the work.

I told her yes, she has appointments but so do and I am the boss so you need to work around me not the other way around. You don’t tell me when you are doing this that and the other. I get we are friends but at work I am your boss. I assured her I need her help but at work I am your boss not your buddy. For whatever reason she was more happy and friendly than before .

Saturday I picked up J and her daughter to go to the Christmas market. And then we went out for lunch and another store. Basically I realized my mistake and treating her like an equal in the business. I’m the one taking all the risk ,all the falls and most of the work.

I told her yes, she has appointments but so do and I am the boss so you need to work around me not the other way around. You don’t tell me when you are doing this that and the other. I get we are friends but at work I am your boss. I assured her I need her help but at work I am your boss not your buddy. For whatever reason she was more happy and friendly than before .

Wow! Very impressive! That sounds like a tough conversation and you handled it beautifully.