Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5354555657 LastLast

Thread: Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Well, they haven't announced it here yet but if they are arranging for online courses and courses through TVO television then I think its safe to assume that school will be closed for the rest of the year. We shall see.
    I think so too .

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I can see us re-opening within the next month.

My friend has been taking her 1 year old child to daycare during the entire shut down, so I wonder how it was determined which daycares could stay open and which ones had to close. This is in the US, of course, where every state and practically every county has different regulations.

Originally Posted by boltnrun
    My friend has been taking her 1 year old child to daycare during the entire shut down, so I wonder how it was determined which daycares could stay open and which ones had to close. This is in the US, of course, where every state and practically every county has different regulations.
    Here licensed have been closed since March 14 I believe. They have some centres open for essential workers. I know some non licensed have stayed open. I wanted to close and my housing authority told us to close .

Platinum Member
    So I don't mean this as "judgey" -it's curiosity and makes me confused about what to do. We've had no in person playdates or get togethers with anyone. We have no plans to. My friend who has two young kids (maybe 8 and 6?) said they are playing with neighbor friends daily. I mean that would be so nice if we could do that some of the time - unfortunately his friend in the building has an immunocompromised grandma/nanny so his parents are having him interact with her safely so they can do work but otherwise isolating him completely. But yes we know people we could reach out to. We just have not. Yes it is allowed where we live - lots of stuff is allowed now that we are not doing at all. We haven't changed our routine at all yet. No plans to. But she is intelligent and educated and she is doing this. Just makes me question our restrictions.

Our plans in the next few weeks are to look into some safe hikes/day trips but no plans to go to a theater or a store with him, etc. Just hard to know what to do.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    So I don't mean this as "judgey" -it's curiosity and makes me confused about what to do. We've had no in person playdates or get togethers with anyone. We have no plans to. My friend who has two young kids (maybe 8 and 6?) said they are playing with neighbor friends daily. I mean that would be so nice if we could do that some of the time - unfortunately his friend in the building has an immunocompromised grandma/nanny so his parents are having him interact with her safely so they can do work but otherwise isolating him completely. But yes we know people we could reach out to. We just have not. Yes it is allowed where we live - lots of stuff is allowed now that we are not doing at all. We haven't changed our routine at all yet. No plans to. But she is intelligent and educated and she is doing this. Just makes me question our restrictions.

Our plans in the next few weeks are to look into some safe hikes/day trips but no plans to go to a theater or a store with him, etc. Just hard to know what to do.
    One of my daycare families is still having grandmas look after kids and they are going motorcycle riding with their motorcycle club and theyíve had birthdays with cousins they havenít stopped doing anything with any restriction whatsoever. 😳😳😳😳🙄🙄🙄🙄

And she posts it fully on her Facebook. I donít know whether she thinks I donít notice or what.

I don't know what to think. My zip code has one of the largest number of cases, yet people are not wearing masks, are not practicing social distancing and are gathering at food trucks and other places. And I have no idea if any of those people are getting sick. It makes me wonder if all I'm doing to try to stay safe is not really necessary! Should I just go out like there isn't a pandemic going on like those people, or should I continue on with all my routines I developed out of fear and anxiety? Then I think, maybe there's a middle ground somewhere between callous disregard and anxious fear.

I just don't know...

Sweden tried that and their corona rate is climbing exponentially.
    Should I just go out like there isn't a pandemic going on like those people, or should I continue on with all my routines I developed out of fear and anxiety?

Originally Posted by Wiseman2
    Sweden tried that and their corona rate is climbing exponentially.
    Oh, I agree. It's just thoughts going through my mind, that others in my zip code are acting like the pandemic isn't a thing, then others like me are being super cautious. I would love to be able to relax some of the elaborate routines my OCD brain came up with, but I do believe the pandemic is a thing so I don't feel safe doing that.

It's getting to people. See my post on the corona thread: [Register to see the link]
    Oh, I agree. It's just thoughts going through my mind, that others in my zip code are acting like the pandemic isn't a thing, then others like me are being super cautious. I would love to be able to relax some of the elaborate routines my OCD brain came up with, but I do believe the pandemic is a thing so I don't feel safe doing that.

Page 56 of 57 FirstFirst ... 5354555657 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice