Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 50515253545556 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 570

Thread: Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

  1. #521
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,587
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Yup, and their answer is they donít believe in mumbojumbo. So I will leave that up to the school when she goes in September.
    Yes you've done your part. More than, actually. I really respect so much what you said about you know you're not a psychiatrist and you shared your opinion with them -you know you're not and yes you're right it takes a professional to do the diagnosis. It also takes a village.

    I'll share this anecdote. My niece gave birth to her first child over 5 years ago. She had jaundice which some babies do in the beginning. But it didn't go away. It was my niece's mother in law who was ot a doctor in the least who expressed her concerns to my niece. Which is what prompted her to get her checked out again. My grand-niece almost died -she went through two liver transplants before she was about 6 months old. She's doing great now. My niece was willing to listen and it made such a huge difference.

  2. #522
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,713
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes you've done your part. More than, actually. I really respect so much what you said about you know you're not a psychiatrist and you shared your opinion with them -you know you're not and yes you're right it takes a professional to do the diagnosis. It also takes a village.

    I'll share this anecdote. My niece gave birth to her first child over 5 years ago. She had jaundice which some babies do in the beginning. But it didn't go away. It was my niece's mother in law who was ot a doctor in the least who expressed her concerns to my niece. Which is what prompted her to get her checked out again. My grand-niece almost died -she went through two liver transplants before she was about 6 months old. She's doing great now. My niece was willing to listen and it made such a huge difference.
    For sure! I wish my husbandís family had listened to teachers. I hope her parents do too.

  3. #523
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,713
    Gender
    Female
    My two year old little is walking now. Yay! A lot of intervention but she is doing it!

  4. #524
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,713
    Gender
    Female
    These rotating strikes are killing me.

  5.  

  6. #525
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,713
    Gender
    Female
    One of my clients lost their kitty today.:( someone had poisoned her with antifreeze. 😪😢

  7. #526
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,713
    Gender
    Female
    Well, first accident 😢. One of my poor little babes accidentally had a tooth pulled out.

  8. #527
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,713
    Gender
    Female
    I am literally sick to my stomach about what happened to my baby little . The parents were very sweet about the accident between the kids though for which I am thankful. But I am so heartbroken for that kid. 😓💔. The other child who caused the accident was also very distraught and hysterical.

  9. #528
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,587
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    I am literally sick to my stomach about what happened to my baby little . The parents were very sweet about the accident between the kids though for which I am thankful. But I am so heartbroken for that kid. 😓💔. The other child who caused the accident was also very distraught and hysterical.
    Oh I'm so sorry. So here's a parent's perspective -my son went to a camp once that had hardwood floors. Director let the kids run around in socks. Son was 8 I think. He slipped and fell and hit his mouth on the floor and broke an adult tooth -left a dent in the floor. No head injury. OK it was dumb to let the kids run in socks on slippery floors - but what really got me - the director didn't call me to tell me (!!) -so I pick him up after 4pm on a Friday and find out right then (and my husband was out of town). Really??? You couldnt at least call me so I could start calling dentists before 4:30PM on a Friday to find out what to do next??

  10. #529
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,713
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Oh I'm so sorry. So here's a parent's perspective -my son went to a camp once that had hardwood floors. Director let the kids run around in socks. Son was 8 I think. He slipped and fell and hit his mouth on the floor and broke an adult tooth -left a dent in the floor. No head injury. OK it was dumb to let the kids run in socks on slippery floors - but what really got me - the director didn't call me to tell me (!!) -so I pick him up after 4pm on a Friday and find out right then (and my husband was out of town). Really??? You couldnt at least call me so I could start calling dentists before 4:30PM on a Friday to find out what to do next??
    Absolutely! I can totally see your point and that is the responsible thing to do. So sorry that happened to your son! Thatís ridiculous!

    What happened was there was a crocheted blanket in the childís mouth and another child yanked it super hard out of her mouth. Well the tooth popped out root and all.

    I called the mom IMMEDIATELY and mom was there in 5 mins and took her to a dentist. Unfortunately nothing could be done but there was no permanent damage to her mouth.

  11. #530
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,587
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Absolutely! I can totally see your point and that is the responsible thing to do. So sorry that happened to your son! Thatís ridiculous!

    What happened was there was a crocheted blanket in the childís mouth and another child yanked it super hard out of her mouth. Well the tooth popped out root and all.

    I called the mom IMMEDIATELY and mom was there in 5 mins and took her to a dentist. Unfortunately nothing could be done but there was no permanent damage to her mouth.
    Oh!!! Ouch! I'm so sorry. Baby or adult tooth? So -my son actually loved that camp and has been back a lot (they changed the procedures!). He had to have his adult tooth bonded.

Page 53 of 57 FirstFirst ... 50515253545556 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •