Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 49505152535455 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    One of my littles is having super bad attitude lately.
    Isn't it called "being little?" (that's what Janet Lansbury would say, anyway - love her blog/articles). My ten year old did last week on and off and I suspect it was because he was coming down with a cold, at least partly. Seen that before.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Isn't it called "being little?" (that's what Janet Lansbury would say, anyway - love her blog/articles). My ten year old did last week on and off and I suspect it was because he was coming down with a cold, at least partly. Seen that before.
    Her parents call it bad attitude which requires going to bed. And she has spent more time in time out the past 2 weeks than she knows what to do with.

Platinum Member
    Her parents call it bad attitude which requires going to bed. And she has spent more time in time out the past 2 weeks than she knows what to do with.
    Yes, their house, their rules. Not quite sure what going to bed solves for the long term.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Yes, their house, their rules. Not quite sure what going to bed solves for the long term.
    I believe in timeout. I am not nambypamby about discipline. Her parents totally believe in time out as I do. With 5 kids in the house of all different ages from 1 to 6 it is a tight ship.

Platinum Member
    I believe in timeout. I am not nambypamby about discipline. Her parents totally believe in time out as I do. With 5 kids in the house of all different ages from 1 to 6 it is a tight ship.
    Yes, that's interesting. But nothing to do with what I wrote. Their house, their rules. Totally agree with discipline and a tight ship. To me the label given and the consequence given to go to bed - knowing nothing more about context, etc is not how I would choose to approach the situation whether a tight ship or otherwise. But again -their house, their rules and like I wrote above I respect that (save for physical abuse of course).

Yes, that's interesting. But nothing to do with what I wrote. Their house, their rules. Totally agree with discipline and a tight ship. To me the label given and the consequence given to go to bed - knowing nothing more about context, etc is not how I would choose to approach the situation whether a tight ship or otherwise. But again -their house, their rules and like I wrote above I respect that (save for physical abuse of course).
    She is very disobedient lately. Non stop 24/7.

Platinum Member
    She is very disobedient lately. Non stop 24/7.
    I'm sorry to hear she's having a hard time and that you're having a hard time.

I'm sorry to hear she's having a hard time and that you're having a hard time.
    I am no doctor ,paediatrician or psychiatrist, but I really do believe she is severely ADHD. I am seldom wrong with these things. Her family however doesn’t believe in “ mumbo jumbo” , something like my husband’s family. Anyway she is having a lot of issues with actions and consequences.

Platinum Member
    I am no doctor ,paediatrician or psychiatrist, but I really do believe she is severely ADHD. I am seldom wrong with these things. Her family however doesn’t believe in “ mumbo jumbo” , something like my husband’s family. Anyway she is having a lot of issues with actions and consequences.
    All you can do is suggest they get her evaluated. The rest is up to them.

All you can do is suggest they get her evaluated. The rest is up to them.
    Yup, and their answer is they don’t believe in mumbojumbo. So I will leave that up to the school when she goes in September.

Page 52 of 57 FirstFirst ... 49505152535455 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice