Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45464748495051 ... LastLast
Results 471 to 480 of 536

Thread: Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

  1. #471
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    24,528
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Not right now. She couldnít even walk as far as her bathroom. She may lose that job who knows .
    How can she work at a daycare, then. Little kids sometimes need to be picked up - definitely babies, but often toddlers, too.
    Why not hire someone else part time and fire her? I know you said you could not afford it, but you can't afford to be broken.

  2. #472
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,283
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by abitbroken
    How can she work at a daycare, then. Little kids sometimes need to be picked up - definitely babies, but often toddlers, too.
    Why not hire someone else part time and fire her? I know you said you could not afford it, but you can't afford to be broken.
    Her doctor feels she will be much better with Physio.

  3. #473
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,283
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by ninjabib
    Don't push yourself too hard Seraphim! You need to rest up too and recharge your batteries.
    Week is over in 5 mins THANK GOD!

  4. #474
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,283
    Gender
    Female
    Saturday I picked up J and her daughter to go to the Christmas market. And then we went out for lunch and another store. Basically I realized my mistake and treating her like an equal in the business. Iím the one taking all the risk ,all the falls and most of the work.

    I told her yes, she has appointments but so do and I am the boss so you need to work around me not the other way around. You donít tell me when you are doing this that and the other. I get we are friends but at work I am your boss. I assured her I need her help but at work I am your boss not your buddy. For whatever reason she was more happy and friendly than before .

  5.  

  6. #475
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,223
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Saturday I picked up J and her daughter to go to the Christmas market. And then we went out for lunch and another store. Basically I realized my mistake and treating her like an equal in the business. Iím the one taking all the risk ,all the falls and most of the work.

    I told her yes, she has appointments but so do and I am the boss so you need to work around me not the other way around. You donít tell me when you are doing this that and the other. I get we are friends but at work I am your boss. I assured her I need her help but at work I am your boss not your buddy. For whatever reason she was more happy and friendly than before .
    Wow! Very impressive! That sounds like a tough conversation and you handled it beautifully.

  7. #476
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,283
    Gender
    Female
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Wow! Very impressive! That sounds like a tough conversation and you handled it beautifully.
    It was a hard conversation, but I had to put my foot down for sure .

  8. #477
    Platinum Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    51,223
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    It was a hard conversation, but I had to put my foot down for sure .
    Yes but many trip over their words or say something vague and indirect etc. Good for you.

  9. #478
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,283
    Gender
    Female
    For sure. I have tried to be indirect and ď niceĒ but that doesnít work.

  10. #479
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,283
    Gender
    Female
    Today is Bravo! Short day.

    I may have to give a family their notice as their baby just doesnít fit into a daycare setting .

  11. #480
    Forum Supporter ~Seraphim ~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Age
    53
    Posts
    37,283
    Gender
    Female
    My fav little is posted out this summer. 😢

Page 48 of 54 FirstFirst ... 45464748495051 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •