Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by luminousone
    She does not sound like a "good fit". But - in all honesty, I think it is very important to know who will be around your child at a home day care. I knew someone whose husband (a garbage man) would come home during his lunch, and help out with daycare lunch and give her a break. He was a part of the business, with the criminal background check. (And the kids loved seeing the garbage truck, lol)

This also includes girlfriends/ boyfriends, daughters/sons, and other family members.
    True. I totally get her point . My husband does have a police check with I showed her and he works at the youth centre where her elder daughter goes which I already told her that. I can totally get where sheís coming from but you shouldnít say you trust someone and then be totally paranoid know what I mean ? Lol.

But as it is her daughter was in the hospital last night with some respiratory attack so I donít think her kids are going to end up at my house and I wonít have to say thing . Poor little mite!!! But Iím not getting rid of my cats and my husband sorry .

Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    True. I totally get her point . My husband does have a police check with I showed her and he works at the youth centre where her elder daughter goes which I already told her that. I can totally get where sheís coming from but you shouldnít say you trust someone and then be totally paranoid know what I mean ? Lol.

But as it is her daughter was in the hospital last night with some respiratory attack so I donít think her kids are going to end up at my house and I wonít have to say thing . Poor little mite!!! But Iím not getting rid of my cats and my husband sorry .
    Yep, screening out mismatches is good, no worries. It's ok, though, to clarify what the background checks cover if people are nervous. If people want special foods then invite them to donate the ingredients for all to share, or have them pack special meals for their own kiddo. Or maybe ever better?: offer a Bonus Package, they pay more to cover your extra time and expense and to make it worth your while. (You can have an intake form that includes special notes and foods.)

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by journeynow
    Yep, screening out mismatches is good, no worries. It's ok, though, to clarify what the background checks cover if people are nervous. If people want special foods then invite them to donate the ingredients for all to share, or have them pack special meals for their own kiddo. Or maybe ever better?: offer a Bonus Package, they pay more to cover your extra time and expense and to make it worth your while. (You can have an intake form that includes special notes and foods.)
    Unfortunately she was the kind who wanted special favours and a break from paying the measly $35 a day when her kid is sick and can she call last minute and can I hold a full time spot. She more trouble than she is worth.

The interview today; very professional . The woman is a teacher and her husband is a fireman . They only asked pertinent questions and no whining.

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by luminousone
    She does not sound like a "good fit". But - in all honesty, I think it is very important to know who will be around your child at a home day care. I knew someone whose husband (a garbage man) would come home during his lunch, and help out with daycare lunch and give her a break. He was a part of the business, with the criminal background check. (And the kids loved seeing the garbage truck, lol)

This also includes girlfriends/ boyfriends, daughters/sons, and other family members.
    Completely agree. I've had situations also where the teachers/counselors let young teenagers "help" but they don't supervise those teenagers well enough. There's going to be a range among parents as to what is safe enough for their particular child. In my son's preschool there was a situation I heard of where a child's speech therapist left the child unattended after the session and left him outside the classroom - the child was fine but it was a violation of school rules. Also I would think that parents who opt for a home daycare situation understand that homes are not like fortified buildings and contain family members, pets, etc.

Originally Posted by Batya33
    Completely agree. I've had situations also where the teachers/counselors let young teenagers "help" but they don't supervise those teenagers well enough. There's going to be a range among parents as to what is safe enough for their particular child. In my son's preschool there was a situation I heard of where a child's speech therapist left the child unattended after the session and left him outside the classroom - the child was fine but it was a violation of school rules. Also I would think that parents who opt for a home daycare situation understand that homes are not like fortified buildings and contain family members, pets, etc.
    Exactly, not like I can pitch out my husband and my pets... lol. My husband would be gone from before her kids got there and there for an hour after he got home from work before their dad picked them up . My husband loves kids.

She even wanted me to get special wipes to wash down my cats . She was at my house for an hour and a half and whined for most of it about how she needs absolute flexibility and concessions . And the fact that licensed daycare centres canít give her that and cost too much . But that her husband didnít like home day cares . Well then youíre really pooched. Be poor until your kids go to school and stay home with your kids then. They have to learn they canít have it every which way . They are young though only about 30 so they still have to figure this out .

And even though my Playroom is in a different room she still wanted me to put away all my glassware in my living room while her child was jumping up and down on my couch . I felt like saying well ,no, your childís going to learn how to respect my furniture and my things . Iím not going to augment my entire life some part of my house has to be ďadultĒ. Children can be taught not to touch .

Platinum Member
    My sense is this was coming from her conflict with her husband. Her demands and preferences sounded far more like someone hiring a nanny where, sure, you pay more and get to be more particular plus the many still comes when your child is sick as needed. But thatís a different cost and level of childcare. (Nanny not many). I donít think it matters how long your husband will be there if he will have the opportunity to interact with children. For example at my sons school you have to go through absckgroidn cjeck and training to volunteer but if youíre just coming to have lunch with your child youíre a ďvisitorĒ and canít interact with other kids.

My sense is this was coming from her conflict with her husband. Her demands and preferences sounded far more like someone hiring a nanny where, sure, you pay more and get to be more particular plus the many still comes when your child is sick as needed. But thatís a different cost and level of childcare. (Nanny not many). I donít think it matters how long your husband will be there if he will have the opportunity to interact with children. For example at my sons school you have to go through absckgroidn cjeck and training to volunteer but if youíre just coming to have lunch with your child youíre a ďvisitorĒ and canít interact with other kids.
    My husband has a police check and works with kids as his part time work and actually WITH her elder daughter. I think her husband has issues with men around his daughters. Either way I donít support the idea that all men are perverts when it comes to little kids . You know? That is the feeling I got about her explaining her husband. Either way I donít need that BS and headache.

Platinum Member
    My husband has a police check and works with kids as his part time work and actually WITH her elder daughter. I think her husband has issues with men around his daughters. Either way I donít support the idea that all men are perverts when it comes to little kids . You know? That is the feeling I got about her explaining her husband. Either way I donít need that BS and headache.
    Yes I agree and think all adults who work with kids should be checked. My husband actually feels uncomfortable entering a fenced in playground alone to come meet me and my son because he gets looks from people as to why heís there. And he happens to be very clean cut

Yes I agree and think all adults who work with kids should be checked. My husband actually feels uncomfortable entering a fenced in playground alone to come meet me and my son because he gets looks from people as to why heís there. And he happens to be very clean cut
    See, and that is ridiculous! People had dads didnít they??? And it is sexist. It is like saying that women canít be high school teachers in science because they are women and stupid. Little kids need men too.

Platinum Member
    See, and that is ridiculous! People had dads didnít they??? And it is sexist. It is like saying that women canít be high school teachers in science because they are women and stupid. Little kids need men too.
    I think thereís an assumption that a man entering a playground alone is there for inappropriate reasons. I agree itís an unfair assumption

Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice