Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 222324252627 LastLast

Thread: Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by ~Seraphim ~
    Because I feel she IS wrong in this situation. The world would not have collapsed had she waited till Monday to address her lost cup.
    Yes-you're entitled to your opinion that she overstepped boundaries. Perhaps she wasn't sure what the precise boundaries were- like I said there are extreme situations where it should be obvious -like if she dropped her child off outside of business hours without calling first -in this case you are entitled to your boundaries. She was entitled to not know if it was ok. Now she will know and if your rules don't work for her that's fine -she can find another situation. I always heard "the customer is always right" - but that's cool if that's not your thing -you're entitled to your boundaries and perhaps you might want to remind her of those or express them more clearly to her.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by Batya33
    Yes-you're entitled to your opinion that she overstepped boundaries. Perhaps she wasn't sure what the precise boundaries were- like I said there are extreme situations where it should be obvious -like if she dropped her child off outside of business hours without calling first -in this case you are entitled to your boundaries. She was entitled to not know if it was ok. Now she will know and if your rules don't work for her that's fine -she can find another situation. I always heard "the customer is always right" - but that's cool if that's not your thing -you're entitled to your boundaries and perhaps you might want to remind her of those or express them more clearly to her.
    All I told her was I did not have it and my place was much too small to misplace something for long. And she said , ď must be stupid husband I guess. ď And that was it.

But, no, I donít believe the customer is always right.

Platinum Member
    Yes and youíre entitled to that opinion too. Your business your rules. And people can decide whether your rules work for them or not. Simple. Given that you didnít like this situation I agree with the poster who suggested putting in writing what your hours are and what your accessibility is - if any - after hours. So then if someone breaks your rule you would be right that your client didnít follow your rule and you could proceed accordingly.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I will definitely be changing some elements of my contract this Oct. I will be getting rid of the loopholes where people can take advantage . They can and most definitely do. That will be removed. First removed will be the 3 free sick days a month. People take advantage of that even if they or their kids are not sick . Oh itís PD day so Iím going to take them to grandmaís. Yes , starting in October you can take them to grandmaís but you are still paying me .

Iím also going to re-define my definition of sick . One family brought their little guy on 28 January sick and with a fever just laying there glassy eyed on my floor . They were like oh well this is momĎs first day of a new job , Iím on a career course nobody can take a day off blah blah. Since then Iíve had the illness, my husband has had the illness, four out of my five kids have caught the illness two of them have been very very sick and weíre out of care and I lost hundreds of dollars . I am still trying to recover from said illness. My new contract will pretty much state I donít give a ratís ass what your problem is take your sick child home and stop infecting everybody .

Yes, good on you to do that. Most daycares/schools phone the parents to come and get their kid if they have a fever.

Originally Posted by ThatwasThen
    Yes, good on you to do that. Most daycares/schools phone the parents to come and get their kid if they have a fever.
    For sure! These people pretty much told me I was keeping him just Tylenol him up . He is 20 months old you shouldíve seen the poor little guy . And now we are all sick as hell . Two of my little ones even got the croup from it. No word of a lie Iíve gone through 10 boxes of Kleenex in this house in a week . And two boxes of Tylenol cold and sinus thatís just for my own family . Itís ridiculous. One little one I had to call her dad twice in the week because she was just sobbing on the floor burning up and dad was sick as well and had to come and pick her up . This is my seventh day of being ill and Iím just starting to get better . So next time they give me a sob story Iíll just say pick your kid up within the hour or you no longer have a daycare .

Platinum Member
    I will definitely be changing some elements of my contract this Oct. I will be getting rid of the loopholes where people can take advantage . They can and most definitely do. That will be removed. First removed will be the 3 free sick days a month. People take advantage of that even if they or their kids are not sick . Oh itís PD day so Iím going to take them to grandmaís. Yes , starting in October you can take them to grandmaís but you are still paying me .

Iím also going to re-define my definition of sick . One family brought their little guy on 28 January sick and with a fever just laying there glassy eyed on my floor . They were like oh well this is momĎs first day of a new job , Iím on a career course nobody can take a day off blah blah. Since then Iíve had the illness, my husband has had the illness, four out of my five kids have caught the illness two of them have been very very sick and weíre out of care and I lost hundreds of dollars . I am still trying to recover from said illness. My new contract will pretty much state I donít give a ratís ass what your problem is take your sick child home and stop infecting everybody .
    Sounds like a great detailed strategy! The schools and daycare center my son went to for pre-k had very detailed rules about what is an illness and what is ok, etc. Had to do with 24 hours fever free, etc - I bet there are even samples of language you would like on google to save you time.

Oh dear God, Tuesday will be another snow day. 🙄 My before and after will be here all day. This kid is a real challenge and disrupts the entire day .

Hahahahaha who arrives with his Pepa Pig sippy today and not a new one either. 🙄

Platinum Member
    Hahahahaha who arrives with his Pepa Pig sippy today and not a new one either. 🙄
    OMG I love this update!!!!

We used to love Peppa Pig. I miss that show.

Page 25 of 27 FirstFirst ... 222324252627 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice