LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Self Employment:Greater Freedom: Freedom 60

Platinum Member
    You are so courageous to do this! There may be some bumps and hitches at first, but you will be great. And, I think you will get to a spot where you can pick and choose who you watch (and avoid the butt parents).

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Originally Posted by luminousone
    You are so courageous to do this! There may be some bumps and hitches at first, but you will be great. And, I think you will get to a spot where you can pick and choose who you watch (and avoid the butt parents).
    Thank you for the encouragement LUM! Today is D day the no going back day.

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    I tried to tell my boss I am leaving she won’t accept that I want to go. But I bought a few hundred dollars worth of stuff for my daycare and I am doing my business.

Interviewing my first parent Thursday!!

Yay!! That's awesome!!

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Yay!! That's awesome!!
    Thank you!

I also have another interview for Saturday. And 4 more people messaged me.

My gf and I busted our behinds all day and have the house reorganized! Plus I went to work for 4 hours today! Ready for my first interview tomorrow!

Aggravating but the mom couldn’t come this morning her daughter was sick all night but she rebooked for Saturday .

Wow, busy, no rest for the wicked. I had an interview with a woman today that I know only slightly because she comes to play group. She had to me bizarre questions. Like, “ is your husband going to be around a lot? “ Um what? Um the man lives here and pays the rent . What does that mean? And then she says well we had a bad experience with home daycare before with our oldest daughter and my husband is very very protective of his daughters . Um K , so you’ re trying to accuse my husband of.....?... and then she said oh well your police check and vulnerable sector check doesn’t have a check of the child abuse registry . Uuuuuuhhhhhhh that is what the vulnerable sector check is..... ummmmmmmmmm

And you’re comfortable with me? Um, no, you’re not.

Then she text me while I was at the movies to say that her youngest daughter was congested and how many cats do I have again ? I said three . Then she said would you mind washing your cat to avoid dander . Um, no. And then she’s like I don’t want any processed foods fed to my kids no margarine only butter etc etc. Lady, you are already too much work .

Then she wanted to know if she could not pay for when her kids were sick and she’s not sure when she’s working could be three days could be five days she’s not really sure but could I hold a full-time spot for her.

I think I am giving this one a pass. I have nothing to hide I don’t like her insinuations really .

Platinum Member
    She does not sound like a "good fit". But - in all honesty, I think it is very important to know who will be around your child at a home day care. I knew someone whose husband (a garbage man) would come home during his lunch, and help out with daycare lunch and give her a break. He was a part of the business, with the criminal background check. (And the kids loved seeing the garbage truck, lol)

This also includes girlfriends/ boyfriends, daughters/sons, and other family members.

Page 2 of 46 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice