My heart is broken after losing my beloved kitty Daisy

GingerMay

My dear darling kitty Daisy passed away last night. Her illness was quick. Just 5 days ago everything was normal, now she is gone. My heart is breaking. I want the pain to go away. How do you ease the hurt?

Maybe I just wanted to vent and write about her. Just a few hours ago she passed at home, surrounded by her favorite things. She was diagnosed with renal failure, and the last few days were miserable for her. She was given pain meds and fluids, but we knew the chances were small.

I told her over and over how much we loved her and thanked her for taking such good care of us. I noticed each time I spoke to her, her tail twitched. I think even at the end we were connected and I hope she knows we loved her. She was gentle and loving. I know she felt so bad, but I think she held on for us. Last night I told her that her job was done and it was OK for her go and sleep.

I was relieved it was over for her, but am aching inside. We got her from an animal rescue a couple years ago so didn't have her for long, but I am so glad we got to have her in our lives. I think she gave more to us than I could ever have given to her.

Bless you my dear Daisy.

Bless all you animal lovers out there too. Go home and give your fur babies an extra hug today.

Thanks for reading.

I'm so sorry! i just recently lost my dog too.

you'll be emotional for a while, it's just part of the parcel. remind yourself you've given her a loving home and a good life, and accompanied her on her last journey.

i did something out of character, and got a puppy. usually, i would've sworn off pets and been depressed for six months. it's odd, feeling grateful, smiling at the puppy, crying over the old dog all at once. but i think of my time with animals as a service, and want to continue being of use to them. so he's helping my grief tremendously, the new dog.

it may not be for everyone, everyone heals in their own way.

i'm 100% positive she understood you very well even as she was slipping away. they always do.

big hugs.

I’m sorry for your loss, GingerMay. These fur babies become such a huge part of our lives, so when they pass, it’s a very tough pill to swallow.

I grew up with two stray kittens that my family took in, and they were with me during some major life events. They both passed a few years ago (a week apart) and I wondered if my heart would recover. It has, but there isn’t a day that passes where I don’t think of them fondly, laugh at the hilarious things that they did, and think of how thankful I am to have had them in my life. They were such a significant part of my childhood!

It sounds like you gave your kitten a great life and that she was loved very much!

Sending positive thoughts/vibes your way.

Thanks RainyCoast. I read your posts with an aching heart and am very sorry for your loss. I really like what you say about your time with animals as a service and I totally agree. Animals need love and if we are able to provide, why should we hold off? I read a poem today about the relationship we have with pets always being a cycle of love and death. It is the only relationship we willinging go into knowing it will end in heartbreak. However we go into that willingly knowing the love we share with them outweighs the eventual pain of loss. Anyway, your words have helped so thank you for posting. All the best to you and your new puppy. I think he has a good new home with you.

yes, exactly, they show us we can, and seem to naturally prefer to, love again and again.

you have this amazing life force that you've made available to Daisy, and that is now seeping into your grief. it will pass, sooner if you can remind yourself the intensity with which you feel the loss is the one you love with, and that means you'll experience this connection you've had with her again, and again.

take comfort in anything you can now. People hugs, tea, a nice view if you have one, and "talk" to Daisy if it helps.

this forum has been wonderful to me when Darko passed, and so welcoming of the new puppy, and encouraging me when i felt i was irrational. Please write all you need to. Often, the people in our physical proximity feel our reaction to the loss of a pet is exaggerated. If you share this experience, it'll be so much more helpful to post where people are aware and understanding of your feelings.

Archived