Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Songwriting from hobby to career

So my speaker arrived today and it's connected and works! I'm so happy. I wrote two melodies today. Now to record them add affects etc. But so excited to get things working. It's just awesome to be able to write my own lyrics. I'm developing my skills!

I've entered 3 songs in the songwriting contest. One a collaborative effort, 2 on my own, not the best, but time is limited and they are essentially starts of songs. Lyrics and a melody.

I'm learning the synthesizer but still just used piano. Want to develop them more. But not sure how much time I have so I sent what I had done.

I would like to get with a band or something. But for now working on building my skills.

Well tonight I'll be talking to a guy about joining his band. Wish me luck super nervous about this step. But I'm hoping it will become a collaboration on my song lyrics.

Platinum Member
    Good luck!!

Good Luck Jetta!!!

Haven't heard back from the guy. Except for a happy thanksgiving. So I don't really know what's on his mind. I'm debating about reaching out. Don't know.

I'm reading this book called Mind Power by John Kehoe. Love it and highly recommend it.

Got my collaboration song finally, but I have to figure out how to record my voice to the instrumental track. He has the studio but lives 2 hours away. Think I'll ask the studio about it. It's beautiful but not with his voice.

Waiting on results from the songwriting contest. They said January but it's almost February. It comes via email so I'm checking it regularly. Songwriting emails have been awfully quiet. Normally have a little more action. Finalist would be nice, but hoping for the win. Right now semi-finalist, lyricist category.

Jetta, I listened to the song that you had posted back on page 2, before it was deleted. I thought your voice was really nice. It carried the song. It's unfortunate that the person you sang with was singing out of key the whole time.

Thank you. Yes his voice sucks. But he insisted on singing. This time he sent me the instrumental, but I have to see if I can record my voice onto it. Struggle with recording. Don't have a studio, thinking of hiring one.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice