LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Am I pushing him too much?

Am I pushing him too much?

I'm 33 and he's 34. We have been seeing each other for a month. I live in the city, and he's in the country area where there is a walmart and gas station. He's been unemployed for 4 months. .. he was living in the city and had an apartment before He lost his job and his apartment. I'm dealing with depression / anxiety and take meds for it. He was on the meds too but decided he didn't want to take it anymore he says the drs and medication companies just want to make money off us. He also says he's smarter than the drs. He says he can't sleep and also has issues in bed. We have had 2 arguments about me wanting him to find a job in the country.... he yelled there is nothing out here but his family works at the grocery store. And he would like me to get off his back.

Platinum Member
    Doesn't seem like there is much there for ya.

Platinum Member
    Is he actively seeking employment?

If so, and hes doing the best he can, having someone constantly remind him of his unemployment or telling him what to do when hes already doing what he can will stress him out even more.

In terms of the meds, hows he doing without them? Do you think him not taking them is affecting his ability to look for a job?

If he is shutting out potential to be a better him, then you already have your answer what you need to do... move on.

Platinum Member
    This guy is a very poor choice. It has only been a month.

End it.

Platinum Member
    After only a month, and all of these problems?

This guy is not boyfriend material whatsoever. Where are your standards, girl?

I would just tell him that once he starts taking his medication and is actively looking for a job you can try and work things out.

Sounds like he needs to look in other cities if the only opportunities there are the local gas station and a Walmart.
    Last edited by troo2; 09-02-2018 at 06:21 AM.

Wait. This is 4 weeks of dating? It's very clear you are very incompatible. Just tell him it's not a match and move forward to someone who wants what you want and is more compatible. Why bother arguing about any of this with someone you've dated for 4 weeks? Yes, get off his back and just end it.
    Originally Posted by PeachesEaches
    He's been unemployed for 4 months.

He also says he's smarter than the drs. He says he can't sleep and also has issues in bed.

We have had 2 arguments about me wanting him to find a job he would like me to get off his back.

Originally Posted by PeachesEaches
    Am I pushing him too much?
    Yes. Do you want to be a girlfriend or play social worker?

He's not looking for employment. He's super depressed without the meds. He needs help but refuses

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice