Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice

Thread: She might be into someone else - is there anything I can do?

She might be into someone else - is there anything I can do?

Hi!

I'm an 18 year old boy from Norway, and I'm searching for a bit help to figure out something. You might find my question stupid (the solution might seem obvious to you), but I want opinions anyway. I feel better when I share my problems with people, which is why I'm reaching out to you guys. I will try to keep it as simple as possible, and if you want to know any details - feel free to ask, and I will elaborate.

A short introduction: In Norway we have something called "folkeh°yskole", which is a type of school you can enter after high school. The schools are private and offer different studies (dependent of which school you choose), but there are no grades or exams. Youths (18+) from all over the country are gathered together to create a social community, where you do what you like to do. My school is a sports school, so I'm doing ball sports this year. The school year began August 19th, and we are 93 students this year (approximately 60 boys and 30 girls). This is new to all of us, so we are for sure in the initial phase.

I will be as short as possible. I've met a lot of new people the last two weeks now, and I really enjoy the stay. I'm able to train a lot, socialize and be who I truly am. I knew no people when I began here, and that is great. I've also been hanging with a girl a couple of times in different scenarios, and I feel we are having a great chemistry together. I'm known for my ability to over think everything, so I wouldn't write it if I was unsure about the signals she has given. I'm not in love with her at all, naturally, due to the fact we've been here for two weeks. I'm interested in her, but that's it.

Yesterday evening I heard that she has been with another guy the whole night (no idea what they did tho), and a friend of her confirmed that they had something ongoing. I was a bit disapointed, but in the first place I knew that it might happen. I'm practicing ball sports with this guy, and based on the impression he has given me until now, he is quite special. He seems unsure about himself, his life is basically on Tinder, and he keeps poking others when they do small mistakes etc. A confusing personality for sure, and lowkey a boy. Anyway, I'm not the one to judge, but I do feel that I have more to offer than he has. I'm not trying to be cocky here, but I think that I should have the confidence to admire my good guy abilities.

What should I do now? I was thinking that since we were in the beginning of the school year, there was no point to rush into a lot of flirting, but she might be on the way to get captured already. I know I can forget about it and explore around and socialize with the other girls here, but I want to hear with you first if you have any advices. Their relation is new as well - is there anything I can do to get her attention again in a laidback way?

Thank you so much for reading, hope you are having a great day.

Platinum Member
    What you should do is ask her out on a date. Go someplace to have dinner, or listen to a concert, or go see a movie or a show, or go to a school event. Whatever! And if that date goes well, you ask her to another, and then another. And you keep on doing that until both of you figure out if there is an attraction there. You can figure out if she's interested in you by whether she says she to going out on a date or no. If she says know, look for another girl to take out. (The first girl might get jealous and come back. You never know.)

This way you don't spend a lot of time overthinking or spending years trying to figure out if someone likes you. Ask her out and receive a quick answer. Go someplace and do something you really want to do. And don't even think about it. Just do it. And good luck.

Originally Posted by DanZee
    What you should do is ask her out on a date. Go someplace to have dinner, or listen to a concert, or go see a movie or a show, or go to a school event. Whatever! And if that date goes well, you ask her to another, and then another. And you keep on doing that until both of you figure out if there is an attraction there. You can figure out if she's interested in you by whether she says she to going out on a date or no. If she says know, look for another girl to take out. (The first girl might get jealous and come back. You never know.)

This way you don't spend a lot of time overthinking or spending years trying to figure out if someone likes you. Ask her out and receive a quick answer. Go someplace and do something you really want to do. And don't even think about it. Just do it. And good luck.
    Thank you for replying!

That's a sweet tip right there! We all live on this school during the year, and we spent a lot of time together the first week. The second week she turned into a ghost, and I had no clue where she was. It seems like she's been spending time with him, and due to what I have heard from others, they have been sharing bed etc. I won't spend more time on her right now, and I hope she's having a great time with the guy. Let's see how it goes, but I don't want to let her distract me at all.

If it doesn't work out between them, it might be a posibility, but I don't want her to bother my life in any way.

Give Advice
Ask For Advice