What a difference a year can make!

sara-pezzini

It's my birthday today and how different is it than last year!

Last year i was in so much pain from trigeminal neuralgia, had radiation and one brain surgery that both didn't help,

Was a zombie from all the medication and oxycodon, gained 20 kilos from that, was facing yet another brain surgery and was starting euthanasia because things were hopeless. And was single lol

This year i am pain free for almost 10 months now, rid of all medication for 8 months now, work fully again, lost 14 kilo, have all my energy back and life is good again! And am in a relationship for close to a year now....

A lot to be thankful for! Especially that that pain is gone!

Though i am scared it will ever return....

Only complication from that very risky surgery ( removing part of the tumor which was the cause, high risk surgery) was a constant teary eye, all day long every day, every three minutes i had to wipe it dry, but since 2 weeks even that is almost gone! Just a little teary for the first hour of the day, then nothing anymore!

Think I'm probably the happiest person in the world right now! Lol

Many Thanks to a lot of you who have been there for me for those terrible years! Xxx

Happiest of birthdays!!!!!

My friend has had 2 brain surgeries for a benign brain tumor and goes for annual checkups. I cannot imagine this personally but wanted to share that at least vicariously I share her challenges with her and I try my best to be supportive. I applaud you for all you've done and how you've handled this and wish you the best of health in the future.

Thank you all! Holly I'm not stressed at all, just scared the pain will come back but i try to let that go, I'm not into meditation at all, but all in all I'm just happy at the moment!

One quick technique might help you to alleviate or at least lessen your fears. Aside from building a good habit like riding a bike, you gain a powerful feeling of actively participating to dissipate anxiety. But it's not superstitious, it's practical.

Consider reserving one whole minute to relax and focus on your breathing. This can be done anywhere except in a car you're driving. Imagine discharging any stress through your feet or any part of your body touching the ground. You don't need to identify those energies, just allow them to exit on your exhale. Then alternate your focus to your intake of breath as a gentle feeling of love in your heart.

As you place your focus on your heart, notice whether any particular colors come to mind. They may be backlit by light or appear as light. If you notice any warmer colors on the rainbow spectrum just allow those to warm and comfort you. They may someday pass or transform into any of the cooler colors. Allow your colors to appear spontaneously and allow them to change without attempting to direct them.

Over time you may notice cooler colors appearing as an invitation to relax. Keep your focus on your heart as you watch the color grow, possibly into a mist or a cloud. Focus the color into your heart and allow it to radiate outward. It may do other things, such as thread itself in other directions, or dance, or remain steady--all are fine. You can gently breathe in the color as you transfer it around you as you exhale.

You may want to consider this color work as an energetic cleansing and strengthening of your immunity, your strength, your peace, and your ability to 'center' your body and your mind. You can consider this a mental ritual that will become so quick and familiar, you can mentally invoke it in a split second at ANY time or place to calm and center yourself.

I can't list specific benefits of doing this because those are experiential and I don't want to lead you into anticipation or imply what you 'should' expect. But I can encourage you to feel free to either PM me or post any results you notice.

Meditation isn't a big-long-difficult 'process' we must 'dedicate' ourselves to learning. We actually 'meditate' every time we daydream or find ourselves 'in' any sort of focus we must break out of. One single minute spent on directing your focus can surprise you!

Intentions are 'things'. EnjOy yours!

Thank you but this fear is absolutely normal if you've had this pain, it is an extremely difficult pain to get rid of and it comes back so many times, it's rare to be really done with it so that is a fear i will continue to have but i don't let it control me, nor do i want to do something about it because i don't ever want to take for granted again that I'm pain free, so i want to remember that.

But i am really not someone who does meditation or anything like that basically.... that's really all nothing for me!

But i do thank you for typing it all out!

Archived