Facebook share
LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What a difference a year can make!

What a difference a year can make!

It's my birthday today and how different is it than last year!
    Last year i was in so much pain from trigeminal neuralgia, had radiation and one brain surgery that both didn't help,
    Was a zombie from all the medication and oxycodon, gained 20 kilos from that, was facing yet another brain surgery and was starting euthanasia because things were hopeless. And was single lol

This year i am pain free for almost 10 months now, rid of all medication for 8 months now, work fully again, lost 14 kilo, have all my energy back and life is good again! And am in a relationship for close to a year now....
    A lot to be thankful for! Especially that that pain is gone!
    Though i am scared it will ever return....
    Only complication from that very risky surgery ( removing part of the tumor which was the cause, high risk surgery) was a constant teary eye, all day long every day, every three minutes i had to wipe it dry, but since 2 weeks even that is almost gone! Just a little teary for the first hour of the day, then nothing anymore!

Think I'm probably the happiest person in the world right now! Lol
    Many Thanks to a lot of you who have been there for me for those terrible years! Xxx

Oh my gosh, Happy Birthday Sara!! I hope you have a wonderful day!! So good to hear that you feel so much better and that things are going well for you! Such fantastic news and so so sooo happy for you!! :-) You keep going girl! (((Hugs))) xxx

Platinum Member
    Happiest of birthdays!!!!!

My friend has had 2 brain surgeries for a benign brain tumor and goes for annual checkups. I cannot imagine this personally but wanted to share that at least vicariously I share her challenges with her and I try my best to be supportive. I applaud you for all you've done and how you've handled this and wish you the best of health in the future.

Thank you! Brain surgeries are certainly no picnic! And they have changed my personality, cannot be in crowds anymore, and still a little dizzy on occasion, which happens especially while driving or walking in the dark, but anything is better than that pain!

Platinum Member
    You've been through a lot Sara, most people wouldn't be able to undergo what you did. Everyone on ENA is happy for you :) I am sure you appreciate life more than ever before. Have a good weekend :)

Platinum Member
    So unbelievably happy for you, as I've been reading your journey all along. What you've endured....wow.

Happiest of Birthdays, and congrats on the relationship!

Happy birthday Sara!!!!

I can't believe you've been through all that and am so happy and grateful you're well now!

Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared
    Happy Birthday sweetie!!! I am so glad that your life is better by 1000%! You are proof that things are not hopeless .

Happy birthday Sara.
    So happy for you that you can now put this all behind you.

Big hug and Happy Birthday, and 3 cheers for you, sera-pezzini! What a wonderful update!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice