What does it mean when you hear a lot of employees leave the company?

Qwerty55

Is it bad if I heard a certain company has encountered so many employees leaving? I heard some of them lasted only 4 days and I heard some only a week or so. But the salary and schedule are good. I heard they left because of the workload, it was too heavy for them.

Oh, no. Is this the company you interviewed with? Is the employment agency just sending you to ANY company regardless of your ability?

Sometimes companies don't hire enough people to try to make more money and force the employees they do have to work very hard. Sometimes a company's corporate culture is so bad that people just leave and they can't find enough people to take their place. And sometimes the company is going out of business. You should use the Internet to find out everything you can about such companies before you accept a job offer.

Oh, no. Is this the company you interviewed with? Is the employment agency just sending you to ANY company regardless of your ability?

Sometimes companies don't hire enough people to try to make more money and force the employees they do have to work very hard. Sometimes a company's corporate culture is so bad that people just leave and they can't find enough people to take their place. And sometimes the company is going out of business. You should use the Internet to find out everything you can about such companies before you accept a job offer.

A friend of mine worked at a company and only lasted a month because of the heavy workload. He eventually heard a lot of employees left too, even just a day or week despite the salary was reasonable. But yes the company is really small and I heard what they spent is what they earn. No profit.

ohhhhh be very very careful!

i jumped on board with a place that can't for the life of them get employees, and the old ones keep leaving. just before i started, a woman left after only six days.

of course the company will tell you the employees couldn't handle the workload. it is supposed to sound like they're just not hardworking, their work ethics are bad, they're unprofessional and fickle, and surely someone serious like yourself would do the job justice.

my experience with this company, who both elegantly and primitively badmouth their former employees, is that the workload isn't bad at all. their attitude is just criminal, and their hiring process is quite fraudulent, and they are looking at being closed down in a month, which will leave us having to find another job yesterday. i can get one, i can technically take any job just to get by, but it's very disappointing. some of us left jobs on a permanent contract for this mess.

if it's true that the workload is tough, then you want to be sure you have experience with multitasking in high stress environments, are a very quick learner as they probably will not waste time training you even if they promised, and expect long working hours, which may not always be tracked and payed in full if you're not documenting them diligently.

if their profits are bad, other than heading for liquidation, they probably also have practices in place that make employees directly responsible for the profits, might use financial demotivation for their poor results, especially if it's a sales job and they calculate everyone's conversion rates and the like daily, and pressuring them to improve profits of a poorly designed sales strategy.

i left the last place for the heavy workload though. i wish i hadn't, because everything else was good. if i could go back in time, i'd voice my concerns about burn out with my boss before taking such a drastic step. i also found out i wasn't so exhausted from the work itself as i was because i developed health problems that i didn't immediately notice. so i think if a heavy workload is all that is wrong, that doesn't have to be a problem provided you're a tireless employee. if there are other issues they are hiding, that would concern me more.

in any event, rats running from a sinking ship should be a pretty clear warning.

do ask around, and google reviews.

also, i am on high alert with places who need you to start yesterday, pressuring you to leave your current job without a notice, or to get the employer to let you go sooner. they have serious issues planning, organizing the work process, and are sometimes looking for someone gullible whom they can dump the legal responsibility of the job on to avoid being held accountable themselves. then you're stuck having to have eyes on your back all the time while frantically looking for a new job.

in case you take this one, and have to leave soon, do check whether the physical you take for work is going to be deducted off your paycheck if you leave before your contract is up.

The higher the turnover the more red flags there are. It generally points to poor management, systemic chaos and cutting corners for profit.

II heard some of them lasted only 4 days and I heard some only a week or so.I heard they left because of the workload, it was too heavy for them.

Is it a sales job or telemarketing? Those jobs are notorious for treating their employees poorly and usually have very high turnover. I worked at a call center for all of 5 months before the pressure got to be too much. My sales we're good - the best on the team, but good was never good enough.

They assured me up and down in training that it was such a great company to work for with so many perks etc (it was a MAJOR hotel chain) but when I actually got on the floor it was awful.

Bottom line: if they company is trying that hard to "sell" you on the job, that is a huge red flag. Walk away.

ohhhhh be very very careful!

i jumped on board with a place that can't for the life of them get employees, and the old ones keep leaving. just before i started, a woman left after only six days.

of course the company will tell you the employees couldn't handle the workload. it is supposed to sound like they're just not hardworking, their work ethics are bad, they're unprofessional and fickle, and surely someone serious like yourself would do the job justice.

my experience with this company, who both elegantly and primitively badmouth their former employees, is that the workload isn't bad at all. their attitude is just criminal, and their hiring process is quite fraudulent, and they are looking at being closed down in a month, which will leave us having to find another job yesterday. i can get one, i can technically take any job just to get by, but it's very disappointing. some of us left jobs on a permanent contract for this mess.

if it's true that the workload is tough, then you want to be sure you have experience with multitasking in high stress environments, are a very quick learner as they probably will not waste time training you even if they promised, and expect long working hours, which may not always be tracked and payed in full if you're not documenting them diligently.

if their profits are bad, other than heading for liquidation, they probably also have practices in place that make employees directly responsible for the profits, might use financial demotivation for their poor results, especially if it's a sales job and they calculate everyone's conversion rates and the like daily, and pressuring them to improve profits of a poorly designed sales strategy.

i left the last place for the heavy workload though. i wish i hadn't, because everything else was good. if i could go back in time, i'd voice my concerns about burn out with my boss before taking such a drastic step. i also found out i wasn't so exhausted from the work itself as i was because i developed health problems that i didn't immediately notice. so i think if a heavy workload is all that is wrong, that doesn't have to be a problem provided you're a tireless employee. if there are other issues they are hiding, that would concern me more.

in any event, rats running from a sinking ship should be a pretty clear warning.

do ask around, and google reviews.

also, i am on high alert with places who need you to start yesterday, pressuring you to leave your current job without a notice, or to get the employer to let you go sooner. they have serious issues planning, organizing the work process, and are sometimes looking for someone gullible whom they can dump the legal responsibility of the job on to avoid being held accountable themselves. then you're stuck having to have eyes on your back all the time while frantically looking for a new job.

in case you take this one, and have to leave soon, do check whether the physical you take for work is going to be deducted off your paycheck if you leave before your contract is up.

I agree with everything you said. From stories I heard from my friends, they leave their jobs either because of pressure, bad office culture, or low salary.

My brother left his 2nd job because of bad office culture. His boss, a 30 year old woman, for some reason hates him. I believe his boss just got hired by the time my brother was already working there for 2 years. And the company culture was insane. It seems like it turned into a "man hating" culture because of the amount of women in his workplace.

I do have another friend who almost left her job because of the workload and overtime almost everyday.

I heard also stories of some people leaving their jobs because they don't get paid overtime.

Is it a sales job or telemarketing? Those jobs are notorious for treating their employees poorly and usually have very high turnover. I worked at a call center for all of 5 months before the pressure got to be too much. My sales we're good - the best on the team, but good was never good enough.

They assured me up and down in training that it was such a great company to work for with so many perks etc (it was a MAJOR hotel chain) but when I actually got on the floor it was awful.

Bottom line: if they company is trying that hard to "sell" you on the job, that is a huge red flag. Walk away.

Sales job. Come to think of it, I did noticed a lot of people are leaving their jobs when it comes to sales or at least they only stay temporarily. It's probably because the pressure is too heavy.

For example like the company I resigned almost a month ago. I had to leave because I was also at the sales and it was too pressuring because there's a "quota"

High turnover is a red flag. Sales jobs are notorious.

I never realized that till now. I begin to notice every time I apply at this company as an editor or what, they would tell me they will endorse me to another job position which usually fall on sales job positions.

Qwerty, the work force is full of inconveniences. Whether its hours, location, work load, problem employees, poor benefits, low salary. Every position has its drawbacks. But if you want a job, you deal with the drawbacks while you continue to look for your ideal position. It's very unlikely that you're going to get hired right into your dream job, as you have no references or recent work history to demonstrate what you're like as an employee. You continue to be so picky about every opportunity that comes your way, yet you claim to be depressed over not having a job. Be honest, do you really want to work or not?? If you do, stop making excuses, take a job, and make it work while you continue looking elsewhere.

Qwerty, the work force is full of inconveniences. Whether its hours, location, work load, problem employees, poor benefits, low salary. Every position has its drawbacks. But if you want a job, you deal with the drawbacks while you continue to look for your ideal position. It's very unlikely that you're going to get hired right into your dream job, as you have no references or recent work history to demonstrate what you're like as an employee. You continue to be so picky about every opportunity that comes your way, yet you claim to be depressed over not having a job. Be honest, do you really want to work or not?? If you do, stop making excuses, take a job, and make it work while you continue looking elsewhere.

Yes of course I want a job. I'm not making excuses, I was only confused at first which career path I should take for the past few weeks. Now I'm beginning to see which career path I should take after dicussions here on this forum.

And really, there are opportunities I have to decline despite I want to like the researcher opportunity. It had a high salary but because it's a mid shift, I'm not allowed to go home from work late at night because I'm a female and it's not like I have a car to go home safely.

I sent tons of resumés today and the past few weeks and after days of searching and dicussions on this forum, I realized eventually what job I really want. Actually, I'm glad I declined other opportunities because I would've overlooked red flags and warnings if I didn't decline it or haven't talked with experienced employees here in this forum. It's not that easy to get a job here in my country anyways. Despite I am depressed at times, I still make it a point to higher my tolerance level from now on when it comes to working and discover where I truly should work...and now, I do know where I want to work.

Archived