Terrible communication skills

Randomguy20551

Hi all , I'm 17

I've always been a nervous wreck in any type of social situation but it gets terrible when speaking to girls. I freeze up and don't know what to say at all and for this girls don't even try to talk to me and why Im afraid to start a conversation at times . The fact that I'm not anyway attractive looking and I've been told that I look like a creep doesn't make matters any better.I also come across as ignorant at times but that's just because I don't know how to have a proper conversation with turning into a nervous wreck. I have plenty of make friends that are close to me but I only have like 2 girl friends and I'm nowhere close to them .I

It really depressed me as all my friends are chatting up girls and pulling girlfriend's out of the blue meanwhile when I try to talk to girls on a night out they don't even listen to me

Sorry you're having a tough time, OP.

The number one tip is to work on your confidence. It sounds like a cliche, but it's true. What do you feel are your strengths? What are you good at? What is your best physical feature? Focus on developing these things first. It starts to improve your overall state of mind, which will lead to greater confidence in your social interactions too.

Well you posted this yesterday: https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553659

There's no magical advice we can give you. Some guys and girls are handsome, pretty and confident when they're young, and they have an active social life in high school. Other people, like me, have to work on their social skills, their confidence, their personal appearance and so on. In high school I had acne, my teeth were crooked, and I was just average looking. But by the time I got to college, I started developing my confidence. I matured. The acne began receding. My braces came off. I had my first date and my first kiss when I was 19. So I think you're doing better than I did.

Since you have 2 girls that you know, why don't you talk to them and ask them to tell you what you can do to improve yourself. And maybe they know a girl who might be kind of shy that you could ask out on a date. Also keep in mind that a lot of people only seem happy. The guys who have girlfriends also go through agonizing break ups and have their own problems. Not many people your age are actually happy. And depression is part of the experience too.

But like I said, there's no easy answer. You just have to get through being a teenager.

You had a gf before so you can find one again. You need to get rid of the video games. They isolate you, further depression and ruin your social skills.

It also makes you worse with girls because it leaves you with nothing to talk about except whatever games you are playing, which could be boring to many girls.

Talk to your parents. Ask them to take you to a doctor for the anorexia and depression. Without addressing the anorexia, depression and video game addiction, things are going to get worse, not better. There are no tips for talking to girls if your mind is still trapped in video games and you fail to develop normal social skills.

I met this girl little over two years ago and we have been broken up almost a year now ,when we met we really hit it off and within a month of knowing each other we were together ,we were together a week and then disaster struck , her parents didnt like the idea of both of us being together given the fact that i was 2 years older . I had numbed myself out with a video games addiction. I believe led to the downfall of the realtionship.

Archived