Getting married tomorrow.

What a trip. My procrastination has proven as reliable as the consequences of it, but we're getting by. Making last minute tweaks to the ceremony sequence, but choosing the music has by far been my favorite part.

I'll be walking out to this, followed by my party and the bridesmaid's:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXC9tuumjiA

After which, the music will transition into her song:

And we'll all be exiting to:

Unfortunately had a gigantic falling out with my mother last week. She'll still be coming, and I'm sure finding some way to make it about her. If I were pettier, I might act to deny her the opportunity, but I'm sincerely just focused on making this Friday great. I know I come here and act like an ass, but this forum has been great to me, and I enjoy sharing the more positive experiences I can.

Congratulations!!

Judging by your posts through the years, i think you are a very loyal and respectful son. Apart from being used to you holding her in the highest regard, perhaps it's the old struggle of "giving her son to someone else" that's making your mother somewhat difficult at the moment. Your sense of humor will come handy here.

Be big. You'll always think your mother the greatest, so do what you can for this day to fit nicely into the picture of your overall relationship.

Best of luck to the both of you, you'll share an amazing life!

Congratulations :)

Imo, your mom may pleasantly surprise you. No need to assume the worst. Seeing you happy is what she wants at the end of the day and seeing you happy and excited on Friday is liable to smooth things out, if that makes sense. Wishing you all the best in your big day and your wedded life afterwards!

Many congratulations!!! And I hope you enjoy and have fun on your wedding day -both of you.

I'm also really glad -echoing what LHGirl wrote- that your mother is coming and you made the choice you did. I've been at weddings where a different choice was made and it's a shame. It's one extra reason the beginning of your marriage will be positive and inspiring.

Archived