My boyfriend dont have time for me.

Etleva

Im 22 and i have a boyfriend, he works all the time and he is obssesed with work, I used to get along it. But lately he is so dam busy. And the last time we were together he started to cry and he said that he feels sorry for not having time to be with me. Also he said : "I wish that I knew you long time ago" . I dont know if he regrets for proposing me. I love him but I dont know what to do.

What do you mean obsessed? Does he work a lot of overtime when he doesn't really need to? If you mean he is a workaholic and prioritizes that over people, I suggest ending things. There is a difference between having a high work ethic and being a workaholic. There needs to be a healthy balance of work and home-life. If this is happening, don't settle. There are cute, fun, kind guys your age out there who know how to be a good companion to you.

2 maximum 3 times a week

Agree, 3 times a week is more than plenty! That is how often I see my bf, and sometimes not even that! He also works a lot, sometimes weekends too.

How often would you like or need to see him?

His tears may be tears of frustration for not being able to please or make you happy.

Do you hassle him about this? Not accusing, just asking.

• 1 month later...

Maximum is 3 times a week, but usually 2. I just need more time I dont wanna pressure him, I got so upset this weekend when he said to me that he regrets to be dating me because I deserve more but he dont have time to please me. We have been dating together for 7 months. I love him and I feel that he loves me too.

Do you mean he ended things? It sounds like you are incompatible. Perhaps it's for the best and he can focus on work and you can find a guy who has more spare time to spend with you.

he said to me that he regrets to be dating me because I deserve more but he dont have time to please me.

You're young, if you don't want to accept this, don't.

That being said, you should focus more on keeping yourself busy. Work, school, friends. Then you won't notice how much time he doesn't have for you. Those are long days he's working. Honestly I appreciate men that are driven.

If you love someone, you compromise. That's how you stay together. Accept his work ethic, or don't. But I'd never give up a guy that worked hard. It's not about quantity, it's about quality. If your time together is fun, and enjoyable, then let it be.

I deleted my post as I didn't realize it was from back in August and I had already responded.

I still maintain that 2-3 times a week is plenty, more than plenty, so not quite sure OP what more you're expecting of him.

His tears were either from frustration at not being able to please you (and knowing that if you continue to pressure him about it, he may be forced to end the RL) or he knows now he wants to end it which will hurt you and he feels guilty.

Archived