Casper63

I have been with my current man for 7 1/2 years. The sex side of this is great, but that’s about all it is now. He rarely kisses me, there’s no intimacy, no real emotional support and as far as I can see, no changes in this in the future. We don’t live together. This started as an affair, I was the single one and didn’t know in the early days that he was in a relationship and by the time I found out I was in love with him. His relationship broke down 4 years ago and I thought that maybe things would move forward with us but it hadn’t happened. He’s a great guy and my best friend but I just feel like there’s no future. I’ve never met his children or any other member of his family. What do I do?

Wow. He's still carrying on as if you're having a secret affair. I hate to say it, but he's not going to change. If you want more, you've got to speak up. It may end the relationship, but it sounds like you want more, and you deserve more. He's either got to step up or you have to move on.

He’s not your best friend.

7.5 years later and you are still not a part of his real life. 4 years ago his relationship broke down and you are still nothing but sex, which began as an affair. You have never met his children or family because he has no intention of that ever happening.

You break it off. Unless you want to live the rest of your life being on call for this guy with no emotional return.

You’re a secret. Which is crap on his end (and yours too for being with a married man if you want my honesty) but it’s coming time you wake up and start to realize your self worth. You don’t deserve this and you know it.

This guy has been treating you like side piece for the entire relationship. There's a good chance you still are, unfortunately, and you just don't know it.

How is he your best friend when you are not allowed into his personal life? I sure don't pretend my best friend doesn't exist.

The writing is on the wall. You've just been refusing to really read it until now. There's no future with him.

He’s a great guy and my best friend but I just feel like there’s no future. I’ve never met his children or any other member of his family. What do I do?

He lied to you and his previous girlfriend and led a double life for over 3 years.

From you just described, you serve no other purpose than sex. . but he's a great guy and your best friend?

Wow.

Raise your standards.

What is it about you that you don't feel you deserve better?

I don't mean to sound harsh, but you seriously need to think this one over.

During your sex hook ups I suppose he's a great guy. Other then that he's a cheating, emotionally stunted sociopath. Kick yourself in the rear and bounce right out of his life. Don't even tell him its over, just don't bother responding to any further requests to hook up. I have a feeling he won't even look for you should you ghost him because its more likely than not that he already has your replacement secured... some other person who thinks they only deserve to be treated with such lack of value.

No one that wants you as a real part of their life in a romantic relationship would keep you a secret from their family and friends.

Archived