Not in a good state of mind today 😰

We just keep getting pounded . Almost ready for a minor crack up here . Today my stepdad was diagnosed with skin cancer which was removed from two places today . My MIL recently had a mastectomy for cancer.

I took in my two polydactyls for their vaccines yesterday and I have to give gabapentin to the one to keep him calm . It took him all day to recover from the gabapentin but now he seems to be pretty down and out from the triple vaccines. It sometimes happens I know but I called the vet office again and they told me to keep an eye on him to see if he’s eating and drinking and if he is he will be OK and should recover by tomorrow . If he hasn’t recovered by tomorrow I have to take him back in for maybe an IV.

I really want to go see my stepdad because I’m very upset but I also can’t abandon my cat in his state . 😭 I am just super distressed about my cat and my step dad. My step dad I know is ok with my mom and I can’t go see him until my cat recovers.

What type pf skin cancer? Is it Melanoma?

What was your MIL staged? My mom had a mastectomy 25 years ago and is doing great. No reoccurrence.

Keep an eye on your kitty. Your stepdad will be OK.

I have no idea. My mom never said. My MIL I have no idea either she doesn’t talk about that stuff, but it is her second mastectomy for cancer. Her last one was about the same time length as your mom’s. She also had skin cancer 10 years ago or so. So it is her third bout with cancer. My husband’s sister has had pre colon cancer 3 years ago. It just never ends it seems.

My poor kitty is just sooooooooooo lethargic and he is a high energy cat.

Most skin cancers are not dangerous. I have had a lot dug out. You should ask to relieve some stress. My father had melanoma which is deadly, but he was ok. The key, is finding it early.

Does she know what she is staged at? What did the doctor say?

The good thing, is that they caught the colon cancer, before it advanced. I'm certain that they are watching it closely.

I lost my brother to lung cancer. I know how scary it is.

Try not to stress yourself too much, until you know exactly what is happening. The stress is bad for you, too.

Focus on your kitty. Is he eating?

I'm not trying to sound casual, but my parents have been through a lot of serious health stuff, and so I kind of take a different view until I know exactly what is going on. I also always look to the positive, until I know that things are dire - as in my brother. My parents were always pretty relaxed - but sought necessary medical help - when dealing with health issues. We always approached things as if they could always be fixed. Basically, I am suggesting that you not get yourself sick with worry, and wait until you have more definite info.

A big hug!

I'm not trying to sound casual, but my parents have been through a lot of serious health stuff, and so I kind of take a different view until I know exactly what is going on. I also always look to the positive, until I know that things are dire - as in my brother. My parents were always pretty relaxed - but sought necessary medical help - when dealing with health issues. We always approached things as if they could always be fixed. Basically, I am suggesting that you not get yourself sick with worry, and wait until you have more definite info.

A big hug!

That is what my mom says. I get my knickers all in a knot before I know what’s happening . Talk to my mom again and she said about my stepdad the dermatologist said it’s a type of cancer he sees all the time but he didn’t elaborate . Just that he would check my stepdad again in six months .

My mother-in-law well you never know it’s happening with her because she makes crap up . I think because she’s ignorant of a lot of facts . And she is a bit of a liar . Not that she didn’t have cancer because I know absolutely that she did , but she’s in her 80s she doesn’t know a lot about medicine so she just makes assumptions and make stuff up as she goes along and she thinks doctors are idiots . And her generation as you know probably does not speak a lot of medical issues that’s all hush-hush . They did check my husband after they found out his sister had precancerous cells but they found no such thing in him . After having a mother with cancer and a sibling with pre-cancer they have to watch him as well .

My cat is still pretty lethargic so I might call the vet in another hour .

I called about my cat to say I had been dripping some water in his mouth every few hours and he seems to be responding to that and I would keep them abreast of things. They said to keep providing that care as long as he keeps responding to it. And to let them know if anything changes .

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, 'I will try again tomorrow'".

I always loved that quote. My mom would say it to me when I was little and having a tough time. I still say it to myself sometimes.

You seem like a very strong person, a person of good character and kindness.

This is just a rough patch. You can try again tomorrow. :stung:

Keep posting *hugs*

"Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day that says, 'I will try again tomorrow'".

I always loved that quote. My mom would say it to me when I was little and having a tough time. I still say it to myself sometimes.

You seem like a very strong person, a person of good character and kindness.

This is just a rough patch. You can try again tomorrow. :stung:

Keep posting *hugs*

Thank you. That is so very nice of you.

I got my cat to eat and drink a bit. He still isn’t his usual self but much improved from this morning.

Hang in there, lovely. Often the trips to and from the vet can take more out of a cat than any treatment they undergo.

We all have a bad day now and then. Speak with the people you're worried about and allow them to lead the conversation. You may be comforted by how resilient they sound, even as you've made them feel loved just by reaching out.

You don't need to compensate for not being in the room with them. Just listen and love.

(((Hug)))

Hang in there, lovely. Often the trips to and from the vet can take more out of a cat than any treatment they undergo.

We all have a bad day now and then. Speak with the people you're worried about and allow them to lead the conversation. You may be comforted by how resilient they sound, even as you've made them feel loved just by reaching out.

You don't need to compensate for not being in the room with them. Just listen and love.

(((Hug)))

Thank you so much Cat. Yes, cats are very easily stressed and he went through a lot . The trip to the vet, sedation and 3 vaccines at once. He is a very high energy cat and easily stressed. Being stressed could have driven his immune system down so the vaccines made him feel sick. This morning he is much recovered. I hand fed him yesterday as in literally put the wet food and water in his mouth and today he is almost good as new doing all his normal stuff.

Thank you so much Cat. Yes, cats are very easily stressed and he went through a lot . The trip to the vet, sedation and 3 vaccines at once. He is a very high energy cat and easily stressed. Being stressed could have driven his immune system down so the vaccines made him feel sick. This morning he is much recovered. I hand fed him yesterday as in literally put the wet food and water in his mouth and today he is almost good as new doing all his normal stuff.

Yay, you! Your cats and your family are all lucky to have you in their lives. It's easy to feel fractioned by multiple stressors, and so the best we can do is focus on the limits of what we CAN do in any given moment. When we embrace those limits we can feel more secure operating within them, as opposed to feeling scattered by a guilty spread of responsibility beyond our scope.

Big ((HUG)) to you and your babes and loved ones. I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Yay, you! Your cats and your family are all lucky to have you in their lives. It's easy to feel fractioned by multiple stressors, and so the best we can do is focus on the limits of what we CAN do in any given moment. When we embrace those limits we can feel more secure operating within them, as opposed to feeling scattered by a guilty spread of responsibility beyond our scope.

Big ((HUG)) to you and your babes and loved ones. I hope you have a wonderful day today!

Yes, you are right. My step dad is fine and I can tell him I love him on the phone as opposed to running 3.5 hours home and another 3.5 back. I get scattered when I have multiple stressors. But my step dad is not defenceless and he has my mom with him and his own children much closer than I am.

My cat was a defenceless and innocent animal who needed my care. So I know I made the right choice. My cat is recovered enough now to eat on his own and care for himself. I could go now to see my step dad if need be.

Yes, you are right. My step dad is fine and I can tell him I love him on the phone as opposed to running 3.5 hours home and another 3.5 back. I get scattered when I have multiple stressors. But my step dad is not defenceless and he has my mom with him and his own children much closer than I am.

My cat was a defenceless and innocent animal who needed my care. So I know I made the right choice. My cat is recovered enough now to eat on his own and care for himself. I could go now to see my step dad if need be.

So glad to hear this. If it's any comfort, I get 2 to 5 moles cut off of me per year, and 2 have been cancerous requiring a return for deeper work. It's hardly the end of the world, and I'd feel awful if someone felt the need to drop life and travel 3.5 hours to see me over this.

So glad to hear this. If it's any comfort, I get 2 to 5 moles cut off of me per year, and 2 have been cancerous requiring a return for deeper work. It's hardly the end of the world, and I'd feel awful if someone felt the need to drop life and travel 3.5 hours to see me over this.

I get what you are saying.

Archived