LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: My boy crossed the rainbow bridge today

Platinum Member
    Yes. It is a big adjustment not to be greeted at the door, or see them in their special spots.

The positive, he is not dealing with his health issues. He had a good and happy life.

Get some rest.

Rainy, my dog is also a rescue Staffordshire bull terrier! what a coincidence : ) that gives me hope that she has some years left still, though i still think you did uniquely well with 18 :). Mine has a couple of problems, she had ankle surgery 5 years ago that gives her arthritis in one leg after a long run (but she does still LOVE running), and she only has one eye, so I can't judge her health - she's otherwise still very bright and active, I STILL get comments in the park like 'is she a puppy?' because she sprints so fast. So it's confusing, so difficult to tell, that's why I try to savour every moment.

Hope you are being good to yourself and having only sweet dreams about sweet Darko.

Awe they are very very strong dogs!! If she is playing like a pup she must have well developed muscles to support her joints! I hope she continues to be so energetic! They are wonderful characters.

I'm up. It's hard, but have appointments scheduled so I won't just be sitting around crying.

Soon, i'll try to clean his larger items and donate them. Big beds and the like can get expensive. Some big rescue could surely use a starter pack for his new home or shelter crate.

You all are making me emotional

Thank you everyone for sticking with me

You're amazing

You're making us emotional too, this is an amazing community and I'm glad that you can articulate and share your journey with us! Good luck with your appointments, it's good to take your mind off it for a bit, you are being very strong!!

I slept through most of the day yesterday.
    I will keep busy in the a.m., then probably sleep again.
    If I visit the shelter this weekend to walk a few dogs I will update. Don't know how I'd handle it, but I want to warm up to the idea of a new dog eventually. I put it off for too long when previous pets died. I'll start by just walking and playing with them on weekends and see how I feel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Give Advice
Ask For Advice