Is my brother's Fiancee cheating?

Hi, my brother has been in a long distance relationship with a woman from a different country, for many years now.

They've been engaged for a few years, and they've been constantly working to try and have her, and her son, live over here permanently.

Every so often, she comes over here with her son and stays for a month or a few weeks, and he does the same for her.

However, he is concerned because she seems to have a habit of not wearing her ring whenever she's back home in her country. He has noticed this many many times, as they chat through skype a lot. At first she would say she was just worried about losing it. Now, after complaints from my brother, she will wear it in her country, BUT only on her middle finger, saying it just fits better there.

She wears it on her normal ring finger when she's over here with us and him.

Her whole family know about the relationship, so it's not her hiding it from her family. My brother gets on very well with her family.

My first thought (and my brother's) is that she wants to seem like she's still single and available to other men when she's in her country (since it's not like my brother is over there to stop anything). My brother really wants to trust her, so he hasn't brought up the cheating thing with her.

This hurts me deeply, as I care so much for my brother, and he is absolutely in love with this woman. He treats her so wonderfully, and treats her son as if he were his own. He's an amazing father to him. I can't stand the thought that she's just doing this all for show, or whatever reason she's doing this for. I just don't understand. My brother deserves the world. He's only been in love once before, and he had to end it because she didn't want children like he does, and would often ditch him for her friends.

I would like to add, she gets along just fine with everyone in my family, and we all love her. However, none of us really know much about her personal interests, even after all these years, other than the fact that she loves taking selfies , loves shopping, and loves her phone. She cares a lot about her looks, and is always buying new clothes. I'm not sure if this helps to get a better read on her personality at all. We've never had any troubles getting along with her, and she's always sweet to us when she's not busy looking at her phone, or taking selfies!

Obviously I know that no one here could possible know the true reason behind my brother's fiancee's actions, but, I would really appreciate some advice on this situation.

Thank you to anyone who responds to this!

Not wearing her ring is not a good indicator that she's cheating. Is there any other suspect behaviors that she's displaying that would lead you or your brother to believe that she's not being faithful? If there isn't then I suggest you change your thought process and just allow your brother to enjoy his relationship with her (as much as one can with someone that is rarely in the same room).

If I were his brother, I'd be worried that he's wasting a lot of good dating years on someone he's very seldom with. "Many years" in a long distance relationship sounds rather lonely to be honest.

Why can't they get married or get her in on a job student or fiance visa? Is there an issue with the child? How can she remove the child from his home country when there is a father and custody situations there?

International custody arrangements are very complicated. Perhaps in the end she will stay with her child in her country if she can not leave the country with him. Not wearing the ring on videochats is the least of their problems. It is indicative of much deeper problems and issues.

Hi, my brother has been in a long distance relationship with a woman from a different country, for many years now. They've been engaged for a few years, and they've been constantly working to try and have her, and her son, live over here permanently. Every so often, she comes over here with her son and stays for a month or a few weeks, and he does the same for her.

Is your brother wearing an engagement ring? My lady, by the nature of her work, can't wear a ring during the day. I don't expect her to rush home to put it on after, and it happens to be there are days it stays on the sink. Doesn't bother me. I don't wear a ring and I haven't cheated. No reason she's not likewise capable of integrity with a naked finger.

Before you accuse her of cheating

1) I have a ring lovingly given to me by my guy. its not an engagement ring, but its a ring that should be worn on a ring finger. I wear it on my middle finger because it is too big and it will fall off my ring finger. When it was sized, my fingers were slightly swollen and i didn't realize it (time of day, activities i had been doing) and i don't like a super tight fit anyhow. So once the weather was cold or my swelling went down, it would fall off -- not from simply wearing it, but a fast hand gesture, doing a physical activity, etc. It could be that he bought the ring in a size and she is really a half size or whatever.

2) Fear of theft. She fears if she flaunts it, it could be stolen - especially if she is in a 2nd world country.

And depends on her culture. She may want family and good friends to know but doesn't want a stranger on the street to know for safety reasons to not attract so much attention

Archived