Just feeling so insecure

So my boyfriend of two months recently just moved away. We are only an hour or so away from one another so we’re still going to see each other during weekends. For some reason though, I just keep worrying about him cheating and finding someone else although he hasn’t given me any reason to feel this way... but I just can’t shake it off. It’s got to a point where I’m even worried he’ll fall for one of his housemates. What do I do?

Why is he moving? For uni or work? After dating only 8 weeks all you can do is see how it goes and if you want a weekend/long distance situation. Decide if you think pursuing a LDR is worthwhile, since you are already having the typical doubts

So my boyfriend of two months recently just moved away. We are only an hour or so away from one another so we’re still going to see each other during weekends.

Do you have a history of these sorts of insecure feelings in romance? If so, I'd take this time to explore them. Because if you're only secure in a relationship when you have eyes on your person/are spending every day with them there's a good chance you're using that "security" to make up for something within. That's never a recipe for a stable relationship.

An hour a way hardly constitutes long distance. In Los Angeles, where I live part time, that's often the distance between neighborhoods with traffic. You need to be comfortable with him living his own life—and you living yours—if you want things between you to grown and expand organically.

Archived