I can't move on

m.d.

You need to heal for a while. You don't have to run out there and start dating. Just take time for yourself. Get out in the sun. Go running or go to the gym and exercise. Hang out with friends and family. Do things that will make you happy and things will get better.

You have no other posts related to this relationship. I want to also note that you posted in abuse/violence. If you just ended (or had ended for you) a year long relationship, then it is common for you to feel no motivation initially. Try to lean on friends for support/distraction while you heal. If you don't find yourself making progress, then I would recommend counseling to talk through things.

This is completely normal, some people seek councelling after break ups because it helps them. Do whatever you need to do to feel better. Remember the things you enjoyed doing before the relationship e.g. going surfing, going to the gym, watching films in the cinema, going out with friends, and do those things again. When i split up with a few of my ex boyfriends I found it difficult to get out of bed for a couple of weeks, was crying all of the time, didn't want to eat or sleep, felt like I was in physical pain. You have to re-focus on you though and completely forget about what they are feeling or thinking because you will never know. Talk to friends about it, post on here as much as you want, message people, vent, the healing process takes time. might be a few weeks, might be a few months but you will begin to slowly feel better without even realising :)

Archived