Cant find the right person

lkallerges

I m 36 years old. I have dated many women so far in my life. Had 4 relationships all of Which for some reasons didnt go any further and i m starting to feel really bad like smth is wrong with me as i cant find a woman that Will make me feel really nice and Will make me Want to spend my life with her.. Maybe my expectations are too high but still its not smth i can Change.. If i dont like physically in the beginning a girl i cant flirt with her. But i m also interested in the mental part that Will help the communication between us and Will make us feel more relaxed and Will bring us closer. Most of the times i end up getting really dissapointed by the way many women think. However, i ve met some good people but the problem was that they werent available.. I ve tried also to lower my standards by having a relationship with a girl i didnt like that much but it was a good person.. Didnt work out unfortunately and i think i broke her heart in the end. So i decided that they Will be no more experiments and that i ll stay alone until smth good shows up.. But unfortunately so far nothing good has shown up.. Only from time to time some one night stands..that i dont like any more.. Dont know what to do..

Had 4 relationships all of Which for some reasons didnt go any further

What were the reasons the relationships didn't blossom? We need to evaluate our past experiences to consciously change things for the future.

Most of the times i end up getting really dissapointed by the way many women think.

At the risk of opening a can of worms, I think you should expand on this statement.

i cant find a woman that Will make me feel really nice and Will make me Want to spend my life with her..

What do you bring to the table? Do you make them feel really nice and make them want to spend their life with you?

What disappoints you about "the way women think"? What kind of dating/relationship are you looking for? Casual? Long term? Do not date people you are not attracted to mentally, emotionally or physically. Just cut your losses if it's not working for you. Perhaps therapy can help with your communication skills with women and understanding their nature a bit better.

I m 36 years old. Most of the times i end up getting really dissapointed by the way many women think.

What you're describing, I think, is simply life.

My story isn't so different on the surface. I'm 38, and have had 4 major relationships since I was 23, each 2.5-3 years. But I don't look at any of them as failures, or evidence that something is wrong with me.

They are big loves that ran their course. Each filled me in different ways, taught me things about the world and myself, shaped me into the person I am, helped me see clearer what I want, what I can give, what I can't, and so on. They were the right person for a time...until they were not, or I was no longer the right person for them.

While I'd love to find the person to share the big journey with, I personally think that's a lot of pressure to put on romance and results in people approaching love from this binary view of success (rainbows and unicorns till death do us part) or failure (an amazing chapter that came to an end). So rather than "lowering expectations" about the kind of woman you commit to, maybe "expand" your expectations about what romance means, so you can enjoy it in whatever form it comes in: a short relationship, time alone to romance with yourself, the eventual big one when and if you meet the right person to share that space with.

It IS all an experiment, after all, even marriage. That's the fun of it. Taking the unique chemical properties of two people, mixing them up, and seeing what happens. If you look at it that way, there's joy to be found even when things don't pan out like a romcom, because it's in experiences and in learning that we absorb the full value of this crazy thing called being alive, you know?

I'd also second the above posts that it's worth unpacking this idea of being "disappointed by the way many women think." That's a massive generalization about half the human population.

Women are just people, you know? Just like you. They're not on the planet to be your match, to fulfill your needs and wants, but simply to be appreciated for what makes them unique. And if you can't appreciate the full spectrum (their physicality, emotionality, intellectual gusto) than that's simply not a woman for you to invest in—not your fault, not hers, just a chemistry thing.

Archived