Relationship breaks

Ash786

Hi everyone,

I could really do with some advice. I have been in a relationship for almost 4 years with my bf and latly things havebt been going well basically when we first met he was so loving as you are when your in a new relstionship and as the years hav progresses he isnt as romantice iv mentioned this to him but he said u kni by now i love you so thats why and also says hes not an emotional guy so to avoid argument i became less emotional and tbh i did become abit distant long story short he got annoyed at that thinking i dont care and that he feels like weve both become distant and wanted a break. Its been a month nearly sincr our break he said i can talk to him after my holiday and iv initayed talking to him twice the first time he said he misses me but is sticking to the break and tge secomd time he just said to me when my holiday is and i said soon . I personally didnt want this break and i feel so broken without him i love him but if he loved me he wouldv come be to me by now i feel like its always me chasing him. Sorry its long winded but i feel so lost as i have noone to talk to about this.

I've always thought that a break is the first step in a breakup. As Dan has said, he has lost interest in you and is pulling away.

In my opinion, all you can do is tell him how you feel, and if he does not react and make something happen, you need to let him go.

Sorry to hear this. The best thing for you to clear up the confusion is to go no contact so that you can reflect on what You want without his double-talk giving you false hope.

he feels like weve both become distant and wanted a break. if he loved me he wouldv come be to me by now i feel like its always me chasing him.

Hey guys thanks for your advice i kno i should provervly move on but i want to make it work with him so badly i keep thinkong its my fault that mabye if i didnt didstace myslef from Him he would still be with me. But then another side of me is like he wouldv come bacl by now if he missed me i giess after my holiday ill see if he contavts me but if not should i jist perume its over with no closure and no explanation as to why i want enough for him?

Sorry im used to auto correct and i became distant i wasnt communicating with him properly and he said it was like i didnt want to be close to him no more but i thought the same thing about him we both have communication problems i think but even now when i try reach out he isnt ready to talk

Stop reaching out. He can't miss you or think if you are pursuing him. Go no contact and see if he reaches out. In the mean time assume it's over and work on a self improvement plan.

Get in shape, get new clothes, haircut and an improved look, etc. Also get back in touch with friends and family. Revise your social media and put up fresh pics and posts. Clean out dead weight and make room for new contacts. Reset your privacy setting to include only good friends and family and exclude him from seeing anything the general public wouldn't see. Or just delete and block him from all social media. Also get on some dating apps with a good profile and pics and start browsing, but do not message or date until ready.

It sounds like he was looking for a reason out of this and decided to blame you. He doesn't want to fix this. He wants to end it.

he said it was like i didnt want to be close to him no more but i thought the same thing about him we both have communication problems i think but even now when i try reach out he isnt ready to talk

Hes 24 and im 23. You guys are right i just need to move on im just finding it hard to let go from today day onwards i wont contact him again and i wont hold on to hope that hell contact me when im back from my holiday. Ill delete all the memories if he doesnt contact me by the 16th of september as that would be the date of our anniversery. I love him and hope one day he can love somone the right way.

Archived