I need help. I have been in a relationship with a soldier for a few years now, 2 of those being long distance. But to be honest it’s not really the distance that’s the problem? It’s his attitude.

It’s been 3 years, and we haven’t moved forward in the slightest. He doesn’t want me following him around as he doesn’t think it’s fair on me, fair enough. A few days ago I decided to bite the bullet and asked him where he saw our future heading. His answer? He doesn’t really think about the future. He isn’t ready for marriage and he might never be ready. Every time I’ve tried to have a serious conversation he makes jokes, changes the subject. Don’t get me wrong, he’s good to me and I know he loves me. But is it enough? Should I cut my losses and wait for someone who can really commit? I’m lost!

Sorry to hear this. Unfortunately this is your cue to cut your losses and exit.

The sooner you do that, the sooner you'll find someone with the same goals. values, sincerity and love you have.

No one should laugh at your concerns or your honest questions it's dismissive and disrespectful.

asked him where he saw our future heading. His answer? He doesn’t really think about the future. He isn’t ready for marriage and he might never be ready. Every time I’ve tried to have a serious conversation he makes jokes, changes the subject.

Archived