LinkedIn share
Google plus share
Twitter plus share
Give Advice
Ask For Advice
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Age gap

^ yup, that's what I was thinking.

And thatís why I said Iím not expecting anything serious. At the least Iíve found someone who I can chat with while Iím at work and go shoot bows and pistols with when Iím off. Whereís the harm in that?

I see no harm in it. Throw sex into the mix and it can get complicated, or not. But you'll navigate that when the time comes.

Originally Posted by bluecastle
    I see no harm in it. Throw sex into the mix and it can get complicated, or not. But you'll navigate that when the time comes.
    Yeah thatís a whole other ball of wax

Platinum Member
    You know, usually, I quote the same statistic as Andrina does about 20-year age differences. But there is one big difference -- if you share common interests.

All too many couples have nothing in common other than life. But things change if you like the same things. My wife and I were at a comic book convention this weekend. We run a business together. We like genre movies and TV shows. We worked in hotels and convention centers together. I doubt our relationship would be any different if there was a 20-year age gap instead of a 6-year age gap.

So don't worry about age. Enjoy your friendship, and if it turns into a romance, you can beat the odds because of your shared interests.

Cap, what did you mean when you say for the first time in a long time you don't feel like you are being measured against someone else?

Originally Posted by itsallgrand
    Cap, what did you mean when you say for the first time in a long time you don't feel like you are being measured against someone else?
    The now ex gf, I always felt like I was being compared to her ex husband. It was oh we had this big house over here, oh we had that house over here, this was when I had my hummer, we went on vacation to here, oh I need to call him and ask if we had been there before.
    With the new girl, she was raised like me, in a comfortable but modest household, we have the same background, she understands that itís not always champagne and caviar, some times itís Macdonaldís and a coke. Itís just nice. Like yesterday I sent her some flowers she was tickled, or when I was home Iíd open the door for her she donít just expect it and I feel like I can let my Redneck hang out around her, not walk around on egg shells hoping I donít say something wrong.

Platinum Member
    Please be sure to wrap it up good.

Young people often get romantic notions.

No matter what she says, use condoms EVERY SINGLE TIME.

Iíll do you one better, Iím getting clipped after next hitch

Platinum Member
    Originally Posted by Capttrae
    Iíll do you one better, Iím getting clipped after next hitch
    That's great, but STDs exist.

I still say wrap it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Give Advice
Ask For Advice