Feelings for a guy friend

Armilla

I'll try to make it as brief as possible. A guy I met last summer and I reconnected this summer. He is a very nice guy and would give me hugs. We met a lot of times during the summer and the past last week met and did activities together at least four times. There were events which were both in group and also just us. Before that however, during one such group event he held my hand and interlocked fingers. He was very affectionate the remainder of the outing but when we were parting ways he went in for a hug but I was a bit drunk so I didn't hug him at all. After that for all our outings, our hugs were initiated by me and were different cuz I don't initiate generally and are not really the affectionate kind and I am not generally a touchy Feely person. Anyway so him and I met couple times and all of the times I planned the entire thing, he would help but for the most part it was me. I live two hours away but really feel connected with him and wanted to know if he might have mutual feelings. I was in his city for the summer for work. Whenever we hang out in groups, people assume we are together even though we just talk. We have not discussed the day we held hands nor have we discussed dating ever, not even our past dating wise or anything. I like him and was wondering how to bring it up or what would you do. Might I add that we know a lot about each other's lives and dreams and likes.

Well, don't discuss anything about your past dates, but you can certainly ask him if he's interested in you and would like to continue seeing you. You didn't describe what kind of guy he is, so I don't know if he's interested in you or not. So I guess you just have to ask him outright.

However, there is one red flag. Living 2 hours away will make seeing each other difficult, so you may want to think twice before starting a relationship with him. You want someone you can date in person, and not use the Internet to date. So do think twice about it.

Well when we met last year, we got to know each other a little bit. We didn't keep in touch during the year. This year when I knew I was going to be working in the same city, I reached out to him and we decided to hang with a couple other mutual friends. But this past couple of outings, It was two of us and my friends and at each outing there were different people that he didn't know. I was the only one he knew.

Well, he is sweet and pays attention when I talk to him. Tells me about himself a lot. Asks me questions about my life. Shares his hobbies. All this happens when we are interacting in person. I hate to text and we don't have conversations on text at all. We just plan outings on text be it in group or just us. I'll be back in the same city permanently in three months

Agreed, there were different set of people each time. He doesn't work at the same company and I was the only one he knew during all of the activities. He also held my hand when I was drunk and held me close a long time before letting me go. My other friends who were with me that day said that he might be interested

It sounds like he helps out when you get too drunk, but frankly that turns most people off. If you are getting fall down drunk, it's very doubtful he's interested in more than a drinking buddy.

08-04-2018: The last two outings we had drinks too and he would take care of me. The last one in particular he offered me to hold his arm for support

Archived