Lost in life and strange things keep happening to me. Advice?

RIPDIME

I'm not sure where to start, but I thought I'd try to get advice for where I am in life, and how to move forward.

While this has been ongoing, in the last year, I became incredibly confused on where I wanted to live and who I was. I looked at my life and realized that I hadn't lived the life I wanted to live, and that there was a lot to change. This put me on a voyage of self discovery. I changed a whole lot of bad habits, addictions etc, especially in the last year. At first I moved out from a place of two years from my room-mates where I was stagnating. The new place was depressing, and life wasn't working, so I moved eight hours away to a small town during the winter for six months. Things didn't work as planned, so I decided to go travelling to Europe for a couple of months. While this was short-lived, and was only a 'taste', I had a really great time, and pushed myself past social anxiety, meeting the type of people I wanted to meet.

At this point, I moved back to the city I was born in. However, there were a few problems now. I was confused more than ever where I wanted to live. I kept dreaming about emigrating to the UK, and accomplishing goals like getting a touring band together, getting good friends as opposed to the past etc. Because of the housing crisis in my home city, I found a place for a month. So there's the first part: I'm lost. I can't decide whether to go through a visa process and move, or stay here. I can weigh the pros and cons, and think hard on this, but both options seem huge. I only have two weeks to find a place in a city with a housing crisis in the busiest month, but time is running out to make this decision..

A lot of bizarre and inexplicable things have been happening to me (especially recently). In the past, I was very 'rational and skeptical, but the frequency of these events make me realize the universe is trying to tell me something. One, I keep having bizarre technological or life dysfunctions, where things like computers or other equipment all break down at once in weird ways that cost money. A couple other examples would be how I moved into my place a week early (was given the green light) and then the landlord said there's a 'technicality' and I can't stay at the place. Another is last night, I am parked in a parking lot, and a cop pulls up and says my insurance is out of date, fines and tows me, despite my insurance stickers being up to date (another technical glitch) (while a drunk driver backs into me randomly in front of the police officer).

Very last of all.. I haven't had a relationship in over two years, have experienced lots of rejection, and haven't got laid. Yet, instantly when I move back to my home city, I'm walking on a beach, and meet a girl who has identical interests, who I eventually have sex with. While this may seem really good and all, the girl has some of my bad habits from the past (like smoking pot constantly) and I question my attraction to her, and her influence.. In the last two weeks, I keep running into people from the past. One example is a guy I used to have as a room-mate, who offers me a room in his house instantly. However, I can't tell whether he is also a good or bad influence, and if I am not getting stuck in past ruts again (but am desperate to find housing if I decide to stay here).

Anyways. Not only am I lost and can't figure out which location to choose to live, I also know that I can't discount these bizarre events that keep piling up with extreme frequency, but I don't know how to read them, and what they're trying to say.

Any advice?

Archived