is it normal i still think about ex although i have a gf?

Is it normal I several times a day think about my ex in good terms and also in bad terms although i have a gf who i love and is the most important person in my life? I broke up with my ex a few months ago and it was one of my hardest times in my life, we were together for 2 yrs and i loved her very much, but she was cold, not emotional and tortured me emotionally. Now, accepting it may sound immature, i enjoy posting pictures with my current gf because i like that my ex is jealous, not because that i want her back, but it is some kind of satisfcaction for those 2 years she tortured me, she always acted likei was the child in the relationship but she was, and now she is freaking out. With my current gf i realized how manipulative, heartless, cold b*tch my ex was

You are not over your ex, man.

You may not want her back, but posting pictures to make her jealous is a sign you are still emotionally invested in her. That's not fair to your current girlfriend. I think you should probably stay single for a while so you can heal. Your current girlfriend doesn't deserve to be your coping mechanism in dealing with the pain your ex left behind.

You are not over your ex, man.

You may not want her back, but posting pictures to make her jealous is a sign you are still emotionally invested in her. That's not fair to your current girlfriend. I think you should probably stay single for a while so you can heal. Your current girlfriend doesn't deserve to be your coping mechanism in dealing with the pain your ex left behind.

You are right. Im not over her, but i never want her back. The way i treated her and the way she treated me are completely opposite and this destroyed me. I will never forget a breakup like this and i will never get completely over this, but i am pretty sure i never want her back. In breakups like this, i think it is not uncommon that people never get over their exes and always think abot them

Gosh, I would hope there aren't a ton of people out there that will never, ever get over their exes. I agree with the previous poster. It sounds like you need to take some time to sort yourself out so that you're fully emotionally available for your next girlfriend. It sounds like you're just trying to provoke a reaction because you're not even close to moving on.

No, you are incorrect that in break-ups like this one never gets over an ex. You need to stop telling yourself that it will never happen, because that kind of self-talk is defeating and gives you tacit permission to do what you're doing now, which is dating someone else before you actually should.

I dated a very toxic man a few years ago. He had a lot of problems and projected nearly all of them onto me, and said and did things that were absolutely devastating to me. After a year, I ended it for good. And then I stayed single for a good year while I recovered from that. By the time I met my current partner, my ex was well and truly in my past. Of course I haven't forgotten what happened and I learned a lot from that relationship, but I am absolutely over him and he plays no role in my current emotional landscape. I don't even remember the last time we had any contact at all, including on social media. I deleted him right after our breakup. So, it is entirely possible to get over a toxic relationship. You don't want to get over your ex yet, but you can if you really try. Right now, you're not trying that hard.

You need to let your current girlfriend go. Continuing the relationship when your heart and mind are still so enmeshed with your previous one is not fair and not honest. Heal. Then date.

EDIT: Considering what you said about your current girlfriend in this thread, that you love her so much after just a month and you want to be with each other for 100 years...dude. You're all over the map, and not being sincere with this girl. Do the right thing and end this.

https://www.enotalone.com/forum/showthread.php?t=553173

No, you are incorrect that in break-ups like this one never gets over an ex. You need to stop telling yourself that it will never happen, because that kind of self-talk is defeating and gives you tacit permission to do what you're doing now, which is dating someone else before you actually should.

I dated a very toxic man a few years ago. He had a lot of problems and projected nearly all of them onto me, and said and did things that were absolutely devastating to me. After a year, I ended it for good. And then I stayed single for a good year while I recovered from that. By the time I met my current partner, my ex was well and truly in my past. Of course I haven't forgotten what happened, but I am absolutely over him and he plays no role in my current emotional landscape. So, it is entirely possible to get over a toxic relationship.

You need to let your current girlfriend go. Continuing the relationship when your heart and mind are still so enmeshed with your previous one is not fair and not honest. Heal. Then date.

I have absolutely no good feelings for my ex. I just hate the fact i lost withe her 2 long devastating years during which i could have been with my current gf. And i hate her wfor what she did to me. But i think that exes will be some kind in of our lives forever, like we occasionally think about them, compare them with ours current partner etc. I used to stalk her social media a few times daily. Now, since im with my current gf, i havent done it for 2 months we have been together. I admit i am not over her, but not in the way I would like her back and Im definitely not in a rebound relationship. I liked my current gf even when i was dating my ex and invited her out 5 months after a breakup with my ex

Is it normal I several times a day think about my ex in good terms and also in bad terms although i have a gf who i love and is the most important person in my life? I broke up with my ex a few months ago and it was one of my hardest times in my life, we were together for 2 yrs and i loved her very much, but she was cold, not emotional and tortured me emotionally. Now, accepting it may sound immature, i enjoy posting pictures with my current gf because i like that my ex is jealous, not because that i want her back, but it is some kind of satisfcaction for those 2 years she tortured me, she always acted likei was the child in the relationship but she was, and now she is freaking out. With my current gf i realized how manipulative, heartless, cold b*tch my ex was

Honestly, yes it's actually quite normal. We often think about our past relationships so that we don't make the same mistakes in our current relationship. It's also quite normal to compare the two. It sounds like you deserve this new relationship, as she is kinder and treats you better. It also sounds like you just want to move on and are looking to move forward with this girlfriend. Where the toxic behaviour is in this is that you shouldn't try to make her jealous, or think about it because that's just negative energy. You should just enjoy posting pictures because the best revenge is indifference meaning that you don't care. If you're still angry at your ex, that's okay, time will heal you. I wouldn't suggest leaving your current girlfriend if she makes you happy, if you feel that these thoughts about your ex are interfering with your current relationship and causing problems then you can think about what you want to do.

I have absolutely no good feelings for my ex. I just hate the fact i lost withe her 2 long devastating years during which i could have been with my current gf. And i hate her wfor what she did to me. But i think that exes will be some kind in of our lives forever, like we occasionally think about them, compare them with ours current partner etc. I used to stalk her social media a few times daily. Now, since im with my current gf, i havent done it for 2 months we have been together. I admit i am not over her, but not in the way I would like her back and Im definitely not in a rebound relationship. I liked my current gf even when i was dating my ex and invited her out 5 months after a breakup with my ex

Then you should not be dating this girl. Period.

Thinking of an ex occasionally is not what is happening here. You admit you're not over her, you post pictures of you and your new girlfriend to make your ex jealous, and you have such strong feelings that you hate her. Not being over an ex doesn't necessarily mean you want them back. It can also mean that you're not over the pain and hurt and are not dating with the clarity of heart and mind conducive to a healthy relationship. It means you're still in a painful place in which many of your actions are driven by an attempt to get back at the ex (like you're doing with your social media activity).

The rest is just excuses to keep dating when you're clearly not ready. Does your girlfriend know how you feel?

I get the sense you're quite young and this is your first real break-up - is that an accurate assumption?

Then you should not be dating this girl. Period.

Thinking of an ex occasionally is not what is happening here. You admit you're not over her, you post pictures of you and your new girlfriend to make your ex jealous, and you have such strong feelings that you hate her. Not being over an ex doesn't necessarily mean you want them back. It can also mean that you're not over the pain and hurt and are not dating with the clarity of heart and mind conducive to a healthy relationship. It means you're still in a painful place in which many of your actions are driven by an attempt to get back at the ex (like you're doing with your social media activity).

The rest is just excuses to keep dating when you're clearly not ready. Does your girlfriend know how you feel?

I get the sense you're quite young and this is your first real break-up - is that an accurate assumption?

yup and it was my first gf. But it is not main reason to post them to piss her off. the main reason is that i love her and i REALLY enjoy spending time together, planning future etc. But to admit, it makes me feel good that she is jealous. Because every time she acted that she didnt care although we both knew it is not true and she often made me dumm, so this is some kind of satisfaction to me

According to your other thread, you're diving head-first into this new relationship, which is also risky. Taken together with the fact that you're not over your ex and think about her as much as you do, this isn't the recipe for a solid and healthy partnership.

I still stand by my earlier assertion that you would be wiser to be single and heal completely.

According to your other thread, you're diving head-first into this new relationship, which is also risky. Taken together with the fact that you're not over your ex and think about her as much as you do, this isn't the recipe for a solid and healthy partnership.

I still stand by my earlier assertion that you would be wiser to be single and heal completely.

I dont want to leave her, because i like her a lot.

Archived